View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
luca12
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-07-2011, 09:20 PM
Hi I'm sorry to hear about Toby . One of my dogs has an immune mediated disease (not haemolytic anaemia) and I have found the yahoo canine immune mediated disease support group (CIMDA) to be an a really useful place to get imformation . From memory I think there is alot of info about immune haemolytic anaemia .
I hope you get some good news soon.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2011, 09:41 PM
Really hope Toby makes a full recovery *Hugs*

Thinking of you both xx
loufoxyloxy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-07-2011, 10:28 PM
so sorry to hear this
sending all the vibes i can for toby
hope you get some better news soon
(((hugs))) to both of you
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2011, 06:27 AM
Any news on Toby this morning? I am keeping everything crossed for a bit of positive news.
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-07-2011, 09:48 AM
For those who don't know, Toby was taken ill on Friday and is in critical condition at the vets with autoimmune haemolytic anemia. Basically his immune system is attacking his own red blood cells, the knock-on effect of which is that there is not enough oxygen going around his body.I've just spoken to the vet so wanted to update everyone who has been sending their good wishes.

Not much to report really but I know people are thinking of him. He is no better, but also no worse. They are continuing with the steroid treatment and will redo his bloods tonight or tommorrow to see if there is any improvement. It all depends if they can stop the immune system killing his cells before the rest of his body shuts down.

Thankyou for your kind words and thoughts. I'm combining the two previous threads so will just keep this one updated from here on
http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=150632
http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=150569
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2011, 09:51 AM
Oh hun, I so hope there can be a breakthrough with his meds today, so you can get your boys home asap! Thinking of you and Toby! (((HUGS))) for you and {{{VIBES}}} for Toby xxx
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2011, 09:52 AM
Originally Posted by wallaroo View Post
For those who don't know, Toby was taken ill on Friday and is in critical condition at the vets with autoimmune haemolytic anemia. Basically his immune system is attacking his own red blood cells, the knock-on effect of which is that there is not enough oxygen going around his body.I've just spoken to the vet so wanted to update everyone who has been sending their good wishes.

Not much to report really but I know people are thinking of him. He is no better, but also no worse. They are continuing with the steroid treatment and will redo his bloods tonight or tommorrow to see if there is any improvement. It all depends if they can stop the immune system killing his cells before the rest of his body shuts down.

Thankyou for your kind words and thoughts. I'm combining the two previous threads so will just keep this one updated from here on
http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=150632
http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=150569
So sorry he hasn't improved But at least he is no worse - so that means there is some hope.

I will be thinking of you and Toby, and hoping for the best x
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2011, 09:54 AM
Thinking of you both.

rune
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2011, 10:03 AM
Only just read about this, Rolo and Ruby are sending the biggest positive vibes they can muster, and from me too!
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2011, 10:26 AM
Sending healing thoughts, hope he picks up soon
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »