Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2011, 10:16 PM

Comfort Harness?

Anybody used one of these on their dogs? i like the idea of the handle and they look really easy to put on

http://www.canineconcepts.co.uk/item...comfort---dogs
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2011, 11:11 PM
hiya
I recently ordered one for Bruno but returned it as was not a good fit on him being deep chested.
I got him a Julius K9 instead with the handle and its a fab harness and really comfy and easy to put on. Bit more expensive though...
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2011, 11:41 PM
I got Harvey a Ezyharness recently and hes good in it.
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2011, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
hiya
I recently ordered one for Bruno but returned it as was not a good fit on him being deep chested.
I got him a Julius K9 instead with the handle and its a fab harness and really comfy and easy to put on. Bit more expensive though...
Hmm dukes really deep chested, i measured his girth and he would need the extra large. ive seen some reviews that say the fit wasn't good
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2011, 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
I got Harvey a Ezyharness recently and hes good in it.
thanks ill take a look
Did you get the normal or the quick fit one? any pics?
thanks
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2011, 11:04 AM
It looks a similar design to the Hurrta harness that I use on my three younger collies. Sorry, this pic is at an awkward angle!

I'm very pleased with them - they are fully adjustable, wash very well and are so easy to take off - very useful when you are on the start line of an agility course! I have had to stitch over the original stitching in places but, apart from that, would recommend them - and yes, the handle can be useful!!
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2011, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by kirsty_ View Post
thanks ill take a look
Did you get the normal or the quick fit one? any pics?
thanks
Hope Amanda doesn't mind, but here's a photo of Cain in the EzyDog harness she bought off me (can't find photos of mine in them). I used them for Casper and Kiki but Casper soon figured out how to buck out of his and it wasn't safe to use on him any more. I did like them other than that, I like the broad chest plate as I feel it made them a good choice for restraining in the car too (chest plate would hopefully spread the pressure out in an accident)

I ended up going for a Ruffwear harness (and bought Kiki her own too as I like them to match ) which I find fab, but they are certainly at the high end of the budget when it comes to harnesses. I find the handle very useful though, and the belly strap prevents Casper being able to wiggle out (most harnesses strap on at the widest point, the chest, but because the belly is smaller he can't slip it over his chest)

They have 5 points of adjustment so very good for odd shaped dogs - they fit Kiki's mismash of GSD and Rottie proportions well (she has a very deep but skinny chest)
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2011, 10:29 PM
thanks for the pics
i still haven't decided on one, hes a funny shape...deep chested but a skinny neck!!
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2011, 10:37 AM
I've got Julius K9 for Cooper (Dalmatian, very deep chest, skinny middle, skinny shoulders, basically skinny everywhere) and it fits him really nicely.
I have a Doxlock for Harry our working type Springer, but I don't like that as much as the Julius K9, he's already managed to half rip off one of the pannier attachment fixings.
kobi
Dogsey Senior
Male 

22-02-2011, 10:49 AM
tessie fleece harness are made to measure.
google Tessie or you can find a banner on flyball fever site.
Make a full body harness as well for the more wriggly dogs
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >