Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2014, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Oh dear now its come up 3 times goodness knows what went wrong there.
I am laughing out loud! Still Lynn, if it isn't allowed your thrice posting will give a bit of time to click it if it has to go coz it will have to be done three times! lol!

That was so funny, I could tell you were a bit worried and imagined your face when you saw it filling the screen, over and over
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2014, 08:56 PM
I'll be your partner in crime in case it vanishes. This seems to be the pertinent bit:

Bernese Welfare UK Rescue & Rehoming
BERNESE WELFARE UK RESCUE & REHOMING
If you need help with rehoming your Bernese or are considing adopting a rescued Bernese then call us on
01787 371940
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-03-2014, 08:58 PM
Thanks Pat. It seemed to be taking an age to load and not going onto the main page then saying wait 30 seconds before posting so did tried again and it just went mad.

I think the link will be taken off.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2014, 09:28 PM
Isn't there some sort of exception allowed for 'rescue stuff'?

Well just in case it is just that you can't 'link' that's why I pasted in just the contact number.
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-03-2014, 03:14 AM
Originally Posted by Alice Childress View Post

Thank you That's a very helpful response. What breed is Timber? How is he with visitors into your home?
I believe Timber is an Anatolian Shepherd cross. He is fine with people coming to the house, but then again I very seldom have people here. He loves the landlord but he's known him since he was a puppy. I forgot to mention that he is a very quiet dog, only barks when warranted. I love that since he's not the type that loves to hear himself but will alert when necessary and does quiet when asked.
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-03-2014, 03:23 AM
Originally Posted by Alice Childress View Post
In terms of LGD's I am looking at Maremma sheepdog. I ruled them out the first time around as everything I read on them made them sound completely inappropriate as a pet. However, since meeting some people in the breed and their dogs it seems as though the American/Australian Maremma's are less domesticated than the English dogs, and according to people in the breed, as long as you are prepared for their quirks and do not expect a 'golden retriever type' dog, they are a lot easier to live with than I first imagined. I am certainly not rushing into any decisions, and would only take on the breed if I were absolutely certain that I could manage one - it's just the 2 I have met (and have been told they were good examples of the breed in terms of temperament) were so calm and gentle.

A Bernese boy is always a real contender as well. Possibly a rescue.
There's always the option of contacting rescues or reputable working stock breeders that have taken back a pup or young adult that did not fit the criteria as a working LGD so looking for a pet home.

I had the wonderful opportunity of fostering a young Akbash/Kuvasz cross. He was an absolute love of a dog. Very similar characteristics as Timber in some traits. He was a total love, once he learned to trust again. Loved me to bits and all the other dogs too. He would have been a wonderful companion but it wasn't the right time for me to keep yet another dog but would have kept him in a heartbeat if it was the right time. He was a goof ball, full of life, and just like Timber those wheels were constantly working in his brain. He was adopted out to a wonderful home with a lady who runs a dog daycare/boarding out of her country home. He gets to play and romp around with all the dogs there everyday for the rest of his life. In the right home with an owner who understands their individual needs, LGD's can make a great addition. Sounds like you are doing your homework very thoroughly, nice to see that.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3