Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
katilea
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-03-2013, 07:51 AM

Areden Grange Light (or Senior) V James Wellbeloved

Just wondering how Arden Grange rates against James Wellbeloved?

I was particuarly looking at their adult light which makes a dog feel fuller and less calories.

http://www.ardengrange.com/pet-food/light-dog-food.asp

I can't find a JWB one that claims that. though their senior one is only 8.5%fat. She's had JWB before but she's currently having issues with tummy churning and lot of acid and throwing up yellow bile.

I'm not keen on ingredients of RC or Hills prescription diets and neither were very helpful when emailed.

Burns have been the most helpful via email so far but don't know if they have low fat diet food as was asking about my puppy at the time rather than my senior dog.
lindaisy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-04-2013, 02:13 AM
I use this range of food....csj

Link to one of the ones suitable for seniors......They have a large range and will offer advise.

http://www.csjk9.com/productcart/pc/...1&idcategory=4
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2013, 08:08 AM
I feed Arden Grange but haven't fed the light version. My elderly dog (RIP) used to have the senior. Mine are currently on the Performance. I haven't fed JWB for many years but I understand it's better than it used to be.

AG are very helpful and have a nutritionist who will give advice, send out leaflets, etc.
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2013, 09:20 PM
I used to feed Burns to my 4 border collies but they lost a lot of weight on it and seemed to be hungry.
Then i tried Arden Grange which is very good but with 4 dogs even on the breeder price (i'm not a breeder) seemed quite expensive.

I am now feeding http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...338,d.d2k&cad=

I put both thumbs up to CSJ. Their coats are really shiney and they stools are firm. They are all satisfied as well
Welshybird82
New Member!
Female 

29-05-2013, 08:14 AM
I have two dogs both on arden grange, my older one on the senior and my boarder collie on the light as he has hypothyroidism an rather chunky, i think the food is brill, a little pricey but worth it x
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-05-2013, 08:19 AM
Originally Posted by katilea View Post
Just wondering how Arden Grange rates against James Wellbeloved?

I was particuarly looking at their adult light which makes a dog feel fuller and less calories.

http://www.ardengrange.com/pet-food/light-dog-food.asp

I can't find a JWB one that claims that. though their senior one is only 8.5%fat. She's had JWB before but she's currently having issues with tummy churning and lot of acid and throwing up yellow bile.

I'm not keen on ingredients of RC or Hills prescription diets and neither were very helpful when emailed.

Burns have been the most helpful via email so far but don't know if they have low fat diet food as was asking about my puppy at the time rather than my senior dog.
I think Burns is a very bland diet , and some dogs dont take it it.

Regarding the tummy churning and bile, what is your feeding routine, does she get fed more than once a day, ?

You could give her a ginger biscuit or two, late in the evening to give her digestive track something to do , this can often help with those dogs who get over active tums at night.