View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2014, 10:10 PM
Visitors have finally gone Was great fun but glad of the peace and quiet now Boxing Day shooting for GORDO and runaway Doglets and snow for TW Going to have a coffee and put the feet up.OH is home from his lads day out,currently snoring his head off
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-12-2014, 10:12 PM
Watching some comic book type of film, correcting Gordon's typos and generally keeping him legible
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

26-12-2014, 10:28 PM
'evening everyone, just my usual quick look in to see what's going on

Weather down here in Suffolk is very cold and lots of rain as I type, opened the door for Rianna to go out as she usually likes to do after her dinner and she took one look and reversed smartly back into the hall Like Baruska before her she hates rain, gales, thunder, and lightening but is happy enough to sleep in the snow even if the it's well below zero.

Today we met loads of hikers and dog walkers on Knettishall Heath which she likes having spent most of her life with just Baruska for company and never seeing another dog from one weekend to the next.

Gordon, I think we all knew you were a tad eccentric, and why not. I can't abide the way the media and government want to put all of us into little boxes and hand out advice like they were the new Gods.

Lynn, if you read ths then be sure I am thinking of you, it must be so hard with your mother. Won't say any more.

I have been unpacking boxes of books today and found one that I thought had been lost years ago, it's called 'How Dogs Think' by Proffessor Stanley Coren. There's not a lot of original work from the good Prof. himself but he has collected an admirable collection of research papers, and other documentary evidence which I (mostly) found very convincing. I think I will take it to bed and re-read some of his thoughts.

Best wishes to all of you, see you tomorrow
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-12-2014, 10:31 PM
Legible - is that the opposite of legless? Speaking of which do hope that poor hen-pecked husband of Eileen's doesn't have too much a hangover tomorrow. Doubtless the poor chap was down the pub drowning his sorrows (for sorrows he will surely have - he is at the mercy of the dreaded Hobbit, until his return to work).
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-12-2014, 10:39 PM
Sort of Gordon, sort of Eileens OH is comatose at present and the headache tomorrow will be the mother of ALL headaches,so doubt she'll have to henpeck him tomorrow
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-12-2014, 10:41 PM
Good evening Harvey - Glad you and yours are enjoying the festive break and Rianna is meeting lots of new friends. Remembering reading Prof Coren's "How Dogs Think" but despite strenuous cranial efforts, can remember little of his thoughts on the matter. Will look it up and give it another go!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2014, 11:01 PM
Hey HARVEY,really lovely to have a decent chap on here My OH is not "henpecked" But he will have a huge hangover tomorrow have requested a day out somewhere tomorrow,the fresh air will do him good Youngest has her earphones in to drown out the snores!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

26-12-2014, 11:02 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
Will look it up and give it another go!
It is a tad 'heavy going' in places G but I think it is worth the effort. I might dive in at Chapter 4 which is headed "I sniff, therefore I am" as you know better than any of us the dogs smell abilities are one of it's greatest assets.

I speak as someone who is most definately 'nasaly challenged' hardly a day goes by in our house when the following conversation does not occur:-
Wife "What's that smell in here?"
Me " I can't smell anything"
Wife "You must be able to smell it, it must be the drains"
Me "Nope can't smell anything"
Wife (Now getting a tad irked) It's comming from near the door, you must be able to smell it, you're only saying you can't so you don't have to get up and investigate"
At which point I've learned from decades of experience to get up, go out, and make like I've suddently been blessed with a nose as good as Riannas and go look for the dreaded smell
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-12-2014, 11:07 PM
As I'm obviously not a "decent chap" I'll get off the airways and leave it to the more pleasant denizens of the Dogsey jungle! Out into the cold dark and icy wet night for me with dogs in tow. I am going out I may be some time! As somebody once said.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2014, 11:13 PM
Mind you don't slip out there That would be an awful shame!
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >