Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2011, 11:31 AM
Originally Posted by jesterjenn View Post
Out of interest (sorry, I haven't found the post saying what's wrong with her), is Zena still on Fish4Dogs?

When Harley was on F4D as a pup, he was sick after every meal. We've since worked out (not veterinary proved, but from our own experiments) that he is intolerent to fish and will bring it all back up if he has any fish.
No, I took her off the kibble a month ago after seeing whole kibble in her irregular vomit, so I resorted to home cooked, but she has had the salmon mousse to no ill effect, plus she was on their kibble for well over a year and tolerated it well, never had a problem for the whole time until recently. Thanks Jesterjenn.

Breakfast fed in the usual way and it all stayed down, but I expected that, it's lunch that worries me being the 2nd meal, so I've decided to skip lunch, so that she has a good 8 hours with nothing and I've just been out and bought a food processor (as yer do for your dogs lol!), and she can have her sundary roast all pulped up and made into balls with the Chappie of course coz I need to keep the dog food going for essentials. So, hopefully, it might actually stay down today.

I'm worried about filling in the form tomorrow, coz I don't want them to "go in" for any exploratory stuff unless it's life saving, so I've decided I'm going to actually write that bit on the form when I sign it. I just want tests, surely they should be able to find out what's wrong with a barium x-ray and an endescope hopefully, plus I'll take in a wee and poo sample and maybe a vomit one too if I get it!!!
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2011, 12:37 PM
Oh H. I've only just seen this as been away. Your poor Zena. I send so many positive vibes and huge kisses from Tilly and Gracie. Its awful to have to put them through these things but you and Zena need answers. Once they know whats causing it, they can then start to treat it and thats got to be a good thing. Hope all goes well tomorrow and I will be looking out for the post to say she's home and curled up happily in her bed. xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2011, 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by tillytheterrier View Post
Oh H. I've only just seen this as been away. Your poor Zena. I send so many positive vibes and huge kisses from Tilly and Gracie. Its awful to have to put them through these things but you and Zena need answers. Once they know whats causing it, they can then start to treat it and thats got to be a good thing. Hope all goes well tomorrow and I will be looking out for the post to say she's home and curled up happily in her bed. xx
and I shall be ecstatic when I'm typing it I HOPE!!! I'm the world's worst worrier when my dogs are in the vet, and if they want to "go in" I'll be a complete wreck I just know it! Thanks Gerri, always blooming something with these 2 and through no fault of my own!xxxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2011, 01:57 PM
Brain's been working overtime again here! Do dogs get furballs I wonder in their stomachs like cats do??? So much of Georgie's hair constantly around the house, she takes great big clumps off him when she's playing with him, just wondered??? I'd better get on Google again now.....
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2011, 07:08 PM
Just want you to know I will be thinking of you and Zena tomorrow.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2011, 07:25 PM
Thanks Bev

Dinner came back up after 3 mins, the whole meal came back sausage shaped which tells me it was sitting in the esophagus, and the rest of the vomit was partially digested from her stomach, so I've boxed it up and will take it in tomorrow so they can see the shape of it. Fed her again 10 mins later (because I know I can, she will hold it down and she won't have anything else until tomorrow night ), just a small handfull of balls, she held it all down, wanted more, but she didn't get any and now she's sleeping. Roll on tomorrow lunchtime when I should know something.

Thanks everyone, I know your wishes are all heartfelt, and I shall be a nervous wreck tomorrow morning, BUT, they will just have to do whatever they have to do to get her right again, God only knows what's going on in there hey, it's going to be very interesting when I find out. I'm sure she will be fine, I'm certainly not going to worry about not getting her back, I just want her right and I wish I hadn't listened to that other vet who kept telling me about irritable bowel when my gut instinct was telling me different all along - never ignore your gut instinct!
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2011, 07:35 PM
Deary me Zena, you are doing a good job of worrying your mummy! Will be thinking of you tomorrow Helen, and sneaking online at work for an update! x
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2011, 06:57 AM
Just wanted to send you and Zena big hugs for today. Stay positive and I hope for good news.
xxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2011, 07:07 AM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
Deary me Zena, you are doing a good job of worrying your mummy! Will be thinking of you tomorrow Helen, and sneaking online at work for an update! x
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Just wanted to send you and Zena big hugs for today. Stay positive and I hope for good news.
xxx
Thanks Amanda and Lucky. Just had a little onlead walk (quiet.... my *rse!!!Lol!)around the village, and I'll be off in 10 mins. The little monkey kept stopping to pee when I put my little plastic container underneath her, but I got about 1/2" in the pot so they'll have to make do with that.

Getting very nervous now, I hope they're ready for her, I can't stand the waiting around in the surgery, I just want to leave her and let them get on with it. Let's hope for some good news later then, I'm hoping it's something simple to treat but you know what happens in this house Thanks for all our positive vibes she's gonna need them today.xxxxx
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-06-2011, 07:12 AM
Hope all goes well and smoothly today, I shall be thinking about you both.
Page 6 of 13 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »