View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2010, 09:13 PM
oh dear I hope Zena is ok - is she any different since she's been sick? sometimes they can feel better once they've been sick if something was giving her tummy ache or something.
I know you just know when they aren't right.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2010, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
seems ok but feel her ears and pads for heat incase thermometer not right, you will know if they are too hot. Check her gums for colour too - they should be a nice pale pink. Not too red and definatley not too white or grey.
thanks Dobermann. Ears normal, not red or hot. Pads warm. She seems comfortable, head now on the floor, no more sickness, no more lip licking, but won't drink any water. I don't like that red eye nowthough, it's very red, dark!
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2010, 09:15 PM
I'm gonna ring the vet now!
Good idea, if no tremours etc and temp etc all ok probably just felt a bit sick and red eye from vomiting. Let us know what the vet said. Good luck with the vet and hope she is ok.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2010, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Gums are nice and pink at the moment, and the reason she passed out on me before apparently, was with the voilence of the vomiting made the blood pressure plummet and her gums went white, but thank God she recovered.

She's just laying under the table staring. Her left eye seems red (the white part of it), I'm now wondering whether she could have hit her head when running for that ball indoors on something? Wouldn't she have gone more weird on me though if she had?

I'm gonna ring the vet now!
Last week when we were at the vets with Fudge and a dodgy tum, her eyes were red and the vet said that was a sign of an infection causing the dire rear. Hope everything is ok.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2010, 09:22 PM
Spoke to the nurse, told her all. She passed me on to the vet, who's dealing with an emergency, but when she's finished, she's going to look on the puter and ring me back. I told her about those Acer leaves, so maybe she's going to check up on those perhaps?

Zena's still the same, just lying on the floor, but you do get a tail wag, well Dave did! No, I'm not happy, I might have to take her down there later methinks. Thanks all.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2010, 09:25 PM
so maybe she's going to check up on those perhaps?
She is prob checking poisoning symptoms etc any meds, last vacc dates etc Oh, I feel for you there is nothing worse, cos they can't tell you

Hope she improves. Thoughts are with you and Zena x
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2010, 09:37 PM
poor Zena, hope she feels better soon xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2010, 09:45 PM
I left her lying in the kitchen for 20 mins, and when I went in there, she got up, but her back end seemed stiff Then as she walked away, she's licking her lips again now. I'm still waiting for that vet, but I might be taking her or ringing them again soon if nothing improves here.xxx
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2010, 09:46 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I left her lying in the kitchen for 20 mins, and when I went in there, she got up, but her back end seemed stiff Then as she walked away, she's licking her lips again now. I'm still waiting for that vet, but I might be taking her or ringing them again soon if nothing improves here.xxx
Oh im sorry to read this, you and Zena are in my thoughts, keep us updated! xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2010, 10:05 PM
Just spoke to the nurse again. She looked on the list, and my acer palmatums are not on her list she hopefully we are ok. I told her about that stiffness in her hind legs just now and she said it could be HD Yeah right, a 2 yr old with good hips who runs around like a loon, is suddenly off colour and vomiting and now she might have HD!

I told her I will monitor her, there is a vet on duty all night at my hospital, so she said to take her down there anytime I'm not happy, but hopefully, it's just a bug or virus. I'm going to act normal and go upstairs and see if she slopes off into her bed, and then I'll come back down again!

Thanks for the support and advice, will let you know, hopefully I'll get some sleep tonight, but I doubt it. No more sickness though which is good, but I wish she'd drink something. I'm loathe to let her out for a wee, coz she just stands out there staring and won't come back in again. I wonder if she did hit her head she has some kind of doggy concussion do they get that I wonder, what with that red eye? She could well have banged her head on something in the house running after that ball like a loon, and it was since she came back with it one time that she went all strange on me at 4pm?!
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »