Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2010, 12:32 PM

Zena just had that first year booster

.... so far, so good, but I'm keeping a very close eye on her!

My new vet is so good with Zena, but of course, whilst she was preparing the jab, I quickly popped her muzzle on and gave her some cheese, and it was all over in seconds, so off came the muzzle and the vet gave her some more cheese. We sat in the waiting room afterwards, just in case something untoward happened because of the last time, so she also got to meet the receptionists and get some more treats, and maybe one day, she might not have to be muzzled, but I do it for her own protection really, I would hate her to nip this lovely vet!

We had the full works, but not the Fort Dodge that they use, she got me in the Nobivac specially, just the DHPPI without the lepto, and because her immune system should now be fully developed, I really am hoping that this time I won't have any problems. No more worrying for another 3 years then I hope! It had to be done, I could never have forgiven myself if I hadn't thought about it so very long and hard and arrived at this decision, which I have to say, was really down to Borderdawn for giving me the link to show me how very important this first year's booster really was, so thanks Dawn!

Deep breaths then........fingers and paws crossed....
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2010, 12:42 PM
Im sure she will be fine Helena.
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2010, 01:16 PM
I am sure she will be fine Helena, she is a lot bigger and stronger than the last time, but I will keep my fingers crossed for you.
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2010, 01:23 PM
So glad Zena is going well, such a lot to take in and process with the decision of vaccinations and especially with what happened last time with Zena.
Sounds like the vet is a good one and understanding. Heres hoping all stays good
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2010, 03:23 PM
I totally understand the concerns you had after what you already been through Helen

I'm sure Zena will be Healthy and Happy for many many years to come
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2010, 03:43 PM
Thanks guys, she's had a good sleep, woken up and is raring to go again, unlike moi! It's tomorrow I've got to watch, coz it was 24 hours later that she started with her funny turns, coz I remember my phone call to the vet the next day, so bear with me on this!!! I think I'm gonna have to use Mr. Google again to see when I might be out of the woods on this one (here I go again mrs worry guts!)
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2010, 03:55 PM
Not like you to worry Helen.... Seriously though, I'm delighted to hear she is doing well and I'm sure she will continue to do so. Well done to Dawn for the fantastic advice!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-03-2010, 04:23 PM
I hope she will be OK - I'm sure she will be after all she is that much older now and I agree that this 'booster' is important. Big hugs for the Princess
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2010, 05:06 PM
Thanks H, at least she's still lively atm.

Now somebody's just done a great big pile of that yellow mush out on the driveway, but whether it was Zena or Georgie I don'tknow coz I wasn't watching After having nothing but normal, rolly poly dark brown poo since last November, here we go again, and if it WAS her, then sparks will be flying if this is the start of last year all over again!!!! Hopefully, it was Georgie coz Sunday lunch sometimes does that to him oflate, now that he's getting old.

I'm actually wondering though, because I've read that dogs who have just had the jab can "shed" the virus for a few days, and because Georgie hasn't been jabbed for a few years (we can't do him because of his auto immune disease, meaning he has a c*ap immune system which doesn't work)I'm actually wondering whether she can pass it on to him if she's shedding some of it perhaps? Poor Georgie, maybe it'll be HIM that I've got to watch! Hopefully, it won't be the start of numerous vet's trips for me from tomorrow. I told you, I'm always right!!!!!
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2010, 05:10 PM
You may have already checked but I wonder if it's worth having a close look at their bottoms? Having all that fur there, wouldn't there be some residue? Just a thought. Hugs to you Helen, I know how worried you are. xxxx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >