Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Oldies Club
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

28-09-2008, 07:56 PM

Jack (Patterdale)

Jack is a 12-13 year old Patterdale Terrier boy who is currently in the care of an Oldies Club foster home in Fulham, London. Jack found himself looking for a new home when his owner sadly passed away.

This is what his foster family have to say about him:

Jack is a distinguished, older gentleman who loves to snooze the day away and is so appreciative of having some company. He is a proud, mature gent who suffers great embarrassment if he needs a little hand getting up the stairs or climbing into the car.

Although Jack doesn’t live with other dogs and only meets my mum’s younger bitch when she visits, he is learning to like other little dogs and has even mustered up enough energy to have a play!

Jack thoroughly enjoys a gentle stroll in the park and can be rather protective if anyone approaches; I am convinced that he says to passing dogs “Back off, they’re with me!”

He loves being chauffeured around in the car and is happy to lay his head wherever his bed is!

Jack is a perfect pensioner and a darling little companion and he will make a perfect friend for someone who is at home most of the time.

Due to Jack being elderly and arthritic, we wouldn’t recommend a home with young children, but teenagers should be ok and Jack would prefer to be the only dog. Jack can’t live with cats or other small animals.

Have you got what it takes to give our distinguished and proud old gentleman a second chance in life?

Jack is neutered, vaccinated, microchipped and flea and worm treated. He has also had a dental and due to his arthritis he will have to remain on Metacam for the rest of his life.

If you would like to find out more about Jack, please refer to our Adoption Procedures for information about the adoption process. You can then contact an Oldies Club rehoming co-ordinator as follows:

Email: rehome@oldies.org.uk

Telephone: 0844 586 8656

Jack can be rehomed anywhere in the UK, subject to a satisfactory home visit, but please note that you will be required to travel to the foster home to meet him.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2008, 08:00 PM
I really wish I could take him but with 3 young children, a cat and a pup, we are the last place he would want to be. I really wish him all the best and if circumstances had been different would have had him in a heartbeat.
Best of luck Jack xxxxx
Oldies Club
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

14-10-2008, 05:45 PM
Jack has become rather frail over the past few weeks and it has been decided that in his best interest he will not be moved. Jack is now an Oldies Club sponsor dog and will live out the rest of his days in his foster home where he feels safe and is loved.

His rehoming thread can now but locked. Thank you.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2008, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by Oldies Rescue View Post
Jack has become rather frail over the past few weeks and it has been decided that in his best interest he will not be moved. Jack is now an Oldies Club sponsor dog and will live out the rest of his days in his foster home where he feels safe and is loved.

His rehoming thread can now but locked. Thank you.
NIce news that he has a place to rest his handsome head. Let's hope he has a restfull rest of his life.