View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-04-2004, 03:49 PM
Saffy loves all other dogs and will play with any. But when we are out a lot of owners pick up their dogs or leash them when they see her bowling towards them tongue hanging out, slobber everywhere!
Carole
Supervisor

20-04-2004, 03:50 PM
I've had that too

They look a bit frightening at the park though after a bit of exercise.
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran

20-04-2004, 03:55 PM
People keep asking me if she a bulldog. Whether its her colour I dont know!
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

20-04-2004, 04:28 PM
We took Rocky for a walk in the park yesterday and bumped into two families who both thought Rocky was a boxer! lol He does have a boxer face at the mo tho... (ish)
corsogirl
Dogsey Junior

20-04-2004, 05:51 PM
Roxy befor you try him with another dog you need to do some simple training with titbits making him sit and come and to keep his attention on you/your mum and you also need to know for sure that your dog will not go back as if he does that will only make things worse, you must put the muzzle on him and have a long lead/rope( you can let the other dog off) if you know it is safe and use treats/clicker to keep the other ones attention it will take a long time but can be done if you do it right DONT RUSH IT.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2004, 11:49 AM
Although this dog is a cross he is a terrier/terrier cross and is behaving with the typical terrier arrogance. Best plan would be to attend a good training class that is run by people who understand how to deal with this sort of problems. Tell your relatives to be honest with those running the training course and if they feel that the trainers are not happy to take on this dog then try somewhere else.
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran

22-04-2004, 07:03 AM
Corsogirl and Thordell thanx for the advice. I have told my mum to take Ben to see a behaviourist. We took Ben out for a walk yesterday with Max my Dally, at first Ben growled and tried to get at Max but Max just ignored him (they were both on their leads) after a while I let Max of his lead and he just stayed away from Ben (who was obviously still on his lead). Ben growled, barked, pulled, ignored treats, he just had one goal and that was to get at Max. After half an hour of walking he finally calmed down and started walking and looking at other things until another dog came on the scene and off he went again. Its gonna be a long process like you said.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2004, 07:13 AM
Sounds as if this young man has been allowed to do just as he likes for too long. Think the best plan is to go back and start his training as if he were a puppy, he needs to understand that he is not the governor.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2