View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2007, 07:19 AM

Interesting training/behavioural videos festival!!

There are some great video clips on here, the link is to the Canis film festival and I've really enjoyed perusing these clips.

Often they are worth watching several times, as each time you can pick up on something you didn't notice before.

http://www.canisfilmfestival.com/submissions.html

There are not only dogs being trained, but horses being free lunged, and hogs and parrots being trained

Some of the things taught will look like tricks but even the more formal training we do with our animals is not that much different from a trick in my view. And the "tricks" in some of the videos are so useful for stress free handling of the animal concerned.

Enjoy!!! :smt026

Wys
xx
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-07-2007, 08:08 AM
Thank you for posting them Wys I look forward to watching them when I have a free moment.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2007, 10:58 AM
What great videos! I particularly loved the one with the parrots, what an amazing achievement to see the change in just a week. Particularly so, when the guy involved wasn't able to train every day.

Thanks so much for posting
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2007, 03:35 PM
No probs, I am a big fan of parrots myself and loved seeing as you say, that turnaround

I also really like the one of Murphy doing heelwork using toys, and of course the one of Tucker and his nails.

Glad peeps are enjoying them!

Wys
x