View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2010, 10:00 PM
but i will be robbing peter to pay paul lol i cant save a penny a day at the moment =( skint student lol
ATD x
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2010, 06:17 PM
I bought a couple of those tins from the Pound shop you can only open them with a can opener....been putting in a pound a day now for about 3 months saving for my holiday in Scotland...looking forward to seeing the tellers face at the bank when I cash it all in
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2010, 06:33 PM
Well how are we doing now have £190 in the jar added a couple of winning scratchcards to the pot too. This is now siting nicely in a Barclays account for Christmas...also have £140ish on my sainsburys nectar card......Mom had a momentary memory lapse and spent £70 off it........................TUT TUT.........but still got a £140ish and not July yet.

So how are we all doing?
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2010, 07:11 PM
Sooooo well - I started saving again in January, and I'm up to £940 - I kid you not!

Mind you, I empty all my change into the pot every Saturday, and I also nick all of Baz's too.

Florida, here we come!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2010, 09:39 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Sooooo well - I started saving again in January, and I'm up to £940 - I kid you not!

Mind you, I empty all my change into the pot every Saturday, and I also nick all of Baz's too.

Florida, here we come!

Bl**dy hell Vicki............ I am packing for Florida as we speak because it was my idea....
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2010, 06:07 AM
To be honest, I'll probably spread it around - I go away in December for three days, so some of it will be used there, and it always buys the Christmas shopping last year the presents too!

MarkAndOscar
Dogsey Junior
Male 

23-07-2010, 08:42 PM
Think i might have to join you all in this! Sounds like a good way of generating extra cash
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2010, 10:15 AM
Well, it was going great until the fridge-freezer blew up! I was upto £450 which has now all gone on a shiny new fridge-freezer!!! Not a waste though as otherwise I would have been really scrimping and saving to afford one. Back to the start again now though - there's £7.50 so far
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2010, 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by Kicks View Post
Well, it was going great until the fridge-freezer blew up! I was upto £450 which has now all gone on a shiny new fridge-freezer!!! Not a waste though as otherwise I would have been really scrimping and saving to afford one. Back to the start again now though - there's £7.50 so far
Yeah but thats the idea in principle...Christmas can be anyday......
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2010, 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Yeah but thats the idea in principle...Christmas can be anyday......
and it's Christmas Day here today coz we just cracked our pot open (well, it was a tin actually, so I used the tin opener ) and lo and behold, we had in there £750!!!!! Ours has been going since Christmas, and Dave emptied his pockets of pound coins every Monday (just coz he can!) and I threw in the odd one or two, it's quite amazing isn't it! We're off to a posh hotel with ours for my big birthday bash, so it's all free now, well, kind of!
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >