Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2009, 07:25 AM
Originally Posted by Molosser View Post
What makes this initiative so unique and 'with teeth' is the sheer amount of professional organisations of academics and grass-roots people standing side by side against one issue (and one person in particular!).

To my memory nothing on this scale has ever happened before; it's always been individual organisations issuing their own press releases and often going in slightly different directions. I'm very proud to be a member of two of the organisations in the initiative and even more optimistic that it will make CM think twice about hurting any of our British dogs on his UK tour!

I hope it does make CM think twice. It should do . As you say, it has a lot of "teeth" and the amount of professional organisations supporting the initiative is nothing short of amazing!

In addition, the Association of Pet Behaviour Counsellors have done a press release stating that they have actually written to CM and suggested they show him how to deal with dogs, including those "red zone" he keeps talking about, without using harsh methods. It's a genuine offer!

http://www.apbc.org.uk/press/APBC_Ch...s_Cesar_Millan

Here's a bit from the press release:

"APBC members regularly work with dogs that show extreme aggression (dogs that Mr Millan would consider “Red Zone”) helping owners to change their pets’ behaviour with methods that can be used at home without using aversive or potentially dangerous techniques".

“We have written to Cesar Millan to challenge him to take his dog training techniques out of the dark ages and learn how to bring his methods up to date. We would be delighted to help him.”

Wys
x
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2