Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2009, 10:53 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Elaine, just received your message, I am soooooooo pleased that you have had abrilliant day with poppy, hasn't she done well.

Well Done Poppy xxxxxx Sounds like you are moving forwards and upwards hun.

Glad to see that your getting good advice on here from the peeps too...especially re@ feeding.

Well Done Hun know wonder you feel chuffed.
Thanks Steph,yea knew I would eventually, I can always relie on my friends
Elaine
Skyesmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-02-2009, 10:57 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
No contradictions from me Jessie came to me at 14 months old having spent the previous 14 months either crated or kennelled on her own.

I started socialization the day I collected her, but 12 months of being on her own has left her with mental damage that will never fully leave her.

Nice that your dog is happy happy doing nothing, my current dogs do not work sheep or other stock, however they do work as I train them most days, even if it is simply to keep their brains ticking over

I got Rjj at 13 weeks, he's now 3
! got Jessie at 14 months, she's now 2
I got Wukee at 6 weeks, he's now 14 months

Perhaps that makes thinks clearer, I do not start "serious" obedience training, until the dog is ready & Wukee's breeding is that of a slow maturing dog, who is quick on the uptake & who needs training carefully to ensure he doesn't learn how do things incorrectly by rushing
Since when does saying my dog is happy mean that i don't do any training with her although i don't have to justify myself to you.......i do clicker training, teach her tricks, give her jobs to do when we are out etc etc etc we are also going to do agility,and most of all i enjoy her for who she is. It must be nice to have perfect dogs, but me personally, i would rather have a dog with some character than a robot type

Elaine, i'm so glad you have spoken to Paul, he's great isn't he and really pleased for you that you had a more positive day today with little Poppy My two are on CSJ (recommended by Wiccs) and are great on it. They have the Lamb & Rice

Jann
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2009, 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by Skyesmum View Post
Since when does saying my dog is happy mean that i don't do any training with her although i don't have to justify myself to you.......i do clicker training, teach her tricks, give her jobs to do when we are out etc etc etc we are also going to do agility,and most of all i enjoy her for who she is. It must be nice to have perfect dogs, but me personally, i would rather have a dog with some character than a robot type

Elaine, i'm so glad you have spoken to Paul, he's great isn't he and really pleased for you that you had a more positive day today with little Poppy My two are on CSJ (recommended by Wiccs) and are great on it. They have the Lamb & Rice

Jann
Thanks Jann Yea Paul is really nice and he said I can call him anytime. What am I like with the food I feel really silly, but I was going on advice, not from here, I might add. 40% Still you live and learn, no wonder she's been hyper. I have noticed a difference already!!!
Elaine xx
Skyesmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-02-2009, 11:10 PM
Bless her Skye would be doing speedway round the walls on 40% protein
We have all been there at some point i'm sure before i joined Wiccaweys and got proper advice from the forum, i actually gave Skye Bakers she only had it 3 times, but it sent her absolutely hypo, i couldn't calm her down at all...............not to mention the projectile diarrhea all over my kitchen, up the walls etc

Jann
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2009, 11:13 PM
Bless her Skye would be doing speedway round the walls on 40% protein
We have all been there at some point i'm sure before i joined Wiccaweys and got proper advice from the forum, i actually gave Skye Bakers she only had it 3 times, but it sent her absolutely hypo, i couldn't calm her down at all...............not to mention the projectile diarrhea all over my kitchen, up the walls etc

Jann
I know I fed my Jake (at the bridge now, sadly) on Bakers for a while and wondered why he would climb the walls about 20 mins after being fed He was a Boxer too
Elaine xx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2009, 11:16 PM

Jann
I agree Jann, why should anyone have to justify themselves. I for one have to say I am glad mine are obedient, but I would hate them to be robots, and I love a dog who still has that ''twinkle if mischief'' in thier eyes.

As for training a dog slowly Joedee, incase they learn how to do things incorrectly by rushing......that applies to any dog in my book.
Page 18 of 18 « First < 8 15 16 17 18