View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2008, 04:29 PM
Ahh, thanks Kirsty, that's what Dave said it probably was, a big bad crow!!!! I thought they would be asleep at night though, unlike that hedgehog?
halfpenny
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-11-2008, 10:01 PM
Having read what you have said about the hedgehog, my first guess would be it has been hurt by a strimmer, this kind of damage is very common in hedgehogs, it has then either died and been nibbled by something or blowfly have taken advantage of the situation. Flystrike after this kind of damage is very common, and of course once the body is cold they die or move on depending on the stage of development. I don't think hedgehog have many natural enemies, but man more than makes up for it.
cally
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-11-2008, 07:46 AM
Badgers kill Hedgehogs,but not
in this case I feel.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2008, 12:01 PM
Someone on here, i think, has said that there dog has killed hedgehogs before. .... so it could have been a dog.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2008, 12:10 PM
It certainly looks like a strimmer injury, and yet for it to be right in the middle of the green, it's just not possible. We have a big tractor going up and down with the rake on the back when it gets a cut, that hasn't happened lately, and they only strim around the edges I looks like it though coz I once got a frog that way under a low fir tree in my garden!

Badger or dog would have damaged it a lot more I think. I'm sticking with the crow!

This morning a little 5 month old cocker that Georgie was playing with honed in on it, so I had to go racing over there to stop her eating it!!! I knew it was there, and the cocker owner didn't! Then I picked it up with one of my poo bags and put it well out of the way in the long grass, and I felt soooo bad
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2008, 07:29 PM
Poor wee hedgehog!

We see one now and again on the side path, Molly discovered it. Roxy is frightened of it!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2