Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2007, 11:09 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
That is ironic. I find each forum has their own unique characteristics or slants. One of those i always felt applied to dogsey - even before i joined - was that it has a Northern Innuit obsession.

To be honest, none of this means anything to me.
It's a total non issue.
I have my fave people on here - which is normal.
And I like forums, but i dont really give much thought to the community/family angle, as it is just the internet, if you see what i mean.
But that doesn't detract from any respect i feel for the members on here. Nor that i think people shouldn't behave like friends.
Maybe that's just because i'm a bloke?
Just figure family and community are 'flesh and blood' - which can include forums members that you meet for real - which is a good as way as any to make friends.
Therefore, i dont miss departed members as i would departed 'real people' (for want of a better term).
Forums are more akin to TV, WWW, radio, magazines, books, whatever - hobbies, interests, or entertainment.
And those things change all the time - change is good.
I see what you mean, i have been lucky enough to meet a couple of Dogsey members in the flesh that i wouldnt have if they hadnt owned the same dogs as me. i like the 'Northern Inuit obsession' thing, although these days, it feels totally like Northern inuit hatred.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-12-2007, 11:13 PM
That is ironic. I find each forum has their own unique characteristics or slants. One of those i always felt applied to dogsey - even before i joined - was that it has a Northern Innuit obsession.

To be honest, none of this means anything to me.
It's a total non issue.
I have my fave people on here - which is normal.
And I like forums, but i dont really give much thought to the community/family angle, as it is just the internet, if you see what i mean.
But that doesn't detract from any respect i feel for the members on here. Nor that i think people shouldn't behave like friends.
Maybe that's just because i'm a bloke?
Just figure family and community are 'flesh and blood' - which can include forums members that you meet for real - which is a good as way as any to make friends.
Therefore, i dont miss departed members as i would departed 'real people' (for want of a better term).
Forums are more akin to TV, WWW, radio, magazines, books, whatever - hobbies, interests, or entertainment.
And those things change all the time - change is good.
I agree with much of what you say Kruisewalker and change is good .

As for the NI obsession, well that may be because people were able to come here and use the forum as a platform for the breed when other places would not put up with the constant fights and power struggles within the breed hierarchy .
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2007, 11:16 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
I agree with much of what you say Kruisewalker and change is good .

As for the NI obsession, well that may be because people were able to come here and use the forum as a platform for the breed when other places would not put up with the constant fights and power struggles within the breed hierarchy .
i joined dogsey, not to use it as a platform, but to just talk to doggy minded people, the fact I had N.i was incidental.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-12-2007, 11:17 PM
I agree is change is good, but not at the expense of what made this a great site in the first place.
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2007, 11:33 PM
I am an oldish member that hasn't always been about, I suspect as life changes people move with it and that doesn't always leave the time for the things you enjoy

To Laura,
I am really good, the dogs are very well indeed, snoozing away as I type (and they are supposed to have stamina ) Have had a really bad year but it is improving, would take an age to go through it all . However life goes on , lucky for me my OH is a dream and my doglets are ever faithful (unless someone else has food ) that pic has been on here for an age, I wish I still looked like that, but hair and make up just seems such an effort in the morning and the dogs love me even when I look like I haven't brushed my hair for a year (providing I have food ) anyway enough about me, how are you and your babes, added any new additions?? Have I missed any news worthy events on Dogsey?? (you were always the one in the know when it came to good old fashioned gossip )
:smt049 Donna x
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-12-2007, 11:36 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
I agree is change is good, but not at the expense of what made this a great site in the first place.
but what does this mean?
I cant help but recall John Major and his to call to return to an an Olde England of warm beer, cucumber sandwiches, and Sunday afternoon cricket - which never really existed.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-12-2007, 11:41 PM
but what does this mean?
I cant help but recall John Major and his to call to return to an an Olde England of warm beer, cucumber sandwiches, and Sunday afternoon cricket - which never really existed.
What I am trying to say is that change is good, such as a larger number of people, thats change, a larger number of views and opinions, thats change, but that should not be at the expense of good manners, welcoming new users and respecting peoples opinions even if they do differ from your own, something that is lacking compared to almost 4 years ago.

Just to add, John major was a ****
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-12-2007, 11:50 PM
nice answer - thanx
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2007, 08:48 AM
I have noticed that quite a few of my "old favourites" on here have moved on to other forums. Quite sad really but each to their own. I still like to come on for a good old nosey and catch up on the latest doggy tales. I don't judge people, I love ALL breeds of dog and certainly respect everyone's differing opinions on Dogsey discussions.

It really is a shame when people feel they are being pushed out. I can't personally comment on that as I have been "MIA" for a while due to work etc.

I would like to see Dogsey remain a place you can log on to for a good chat, rant and give/receive virtual hugs from the caring members on here. :smt001
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2007, 11:03 AM
AWwww this is a sad thread.

It has been noticable of late that some older members have stopped posting, which is really sad, but peoples lives change and people move on and away. It's nice when they come back when they have a chance.

Yes, there are some heated debates on here now, but there always have been and I still think people can get on away from those threads.

As for the NI thing, it's so sad IMO. I stay away from the threads as I have nothing to contribute, but I think the bickering and nastiness that is associated with such threads is doing Dogsey no good at all and it certainly isn't doing the breed any good. I think they are lovely dogs, but i would not consider getting one, it's hard enough getting a well bred pup from a decent breeder, without everyone within that breed falling out...such a shame for the dogs/the breed/ the owners and to be honest the 'atmosphere' on Dogsey at times. : (
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >