View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2007, 11:19 PM
I think sadly today with the gun and knife culture that is going on it is just not safe even if you have a big dog with you.
Frodo vizsla
New Member!
Female 

25-10-2007, 11:40 PM
I usually stick a small can of hairspray in my pocket get that in the eyes and it hurts like hell and I also carry a really heavy choke chain in my coat pocket as well I forget to mention a lighter infront of the hairspray might work a treat as well.lol I also have Frodo who is very protective too.
Aileen
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2007, 12:16 AM
if your worried, you can buy torches, some are slim credit cards, I have one somewhere or even a small pocket torch, or keyring one you can get very bright ones now, so if some one came up and tried to lay a hand on a quick flash in the eyes buys you a few seconds, another simple thing is a jiffy lemon, you know the ones that are plastic shaped like lemons,,,a good sqirt of that in the eyes will buy you some more time, I also carry a rubber tugga ball, you can break a jaw with one of those,,, I had my skull fractured with one so know the force of them,,, its not an offensive wepon in the eyes of the law but by god it becomes one if you need it to be,, xxx the other thing is, if you do need to run, should you pass parked cars,,,hit them it will poss be enough to set off alarms, that gets folk out there front doors quick smart, never shout rape,,,people get scared and hide behind doors, shout fire fire,,,that again gets folk up and out, xx
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

26-10-2007, 12:25 AM
I'm confident enough to walk where I want to walk.

We have the usual 'neds' hanging around but if I don't avoid them and just plod on right through them they move and let me on my way.

In terms of what I have - remember I live in the woods so (right or wrong) I often have a decent knife in my pocket.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2007, 12:35 AM
Yes, My dogs :smt042

They wouldn't do anything, but they look bigger in the dark for some reason.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2007, 03:53 AM
I don't take anything, apart from my running shoes!!!!

I'm thinking of buying a torch though and have a personal attack alarm which I usually forget to take with me, so with the dark mornings perhaps I should start!
Tee
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-10-2007, 06:43 AM
I feel safe at night, despite the reputation Nottingham has. I don't carry anything with me but I'm alert, especially if I'm not in my actual neighbourhood.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-10-2007, 08:21 AM
I walk in the woods everyday and sometimes never see a soul, but I have had a few strange encounters as well, but I have 2 dobermanns with me and have no doubt that they would defend me should the need arise, and although my dogs are always off lead I carry a chain type lead doubled over and would not hesitate to use it either.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2007, 09:31 AM
A few years back someone tried to take my dog juke off me , he had them by the short and curlies quicker than i could react , ive also had someone try to take my boxers of me so now i carry a baton one of the metal extending ones , my oh bought for me , but i try to stick to places that are not so quiet and deserted when walking the dogs and carry a torch in my pocket also xxdk
BEN
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-10-2007, 12:54 PM
i have a personal alarm and so does my friend
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >