Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-09-2007, 11:24 AM

A mouse on my mat!

No I'm not refering that bit of plastic with two buttons and a cable

I'm refering to a real mouse, he has somehow found his way into the study and even got up on the desk and on top of the computer (It's a tower type)

How could he do that

He didn't leave any signs on the mat itself, but there were two on the top of the computer.

Well that's it, war has been declared I know this is the time of year when they come inside, and we've always had one or two in the cellar, but my computer is my lifeline to the world and not for any hairy old mouse to use
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2007, 11:37 AM
He obviously realised you were an animal lover and thought he would be welcome!

Mice can climb quite well, maybe he climbed up the cables?

I had a mouse living in the boot of my car once. I had some really thick gloves and a travel rug in the boot in case I broke down in cold weather. One day I looked at them and there were lots of little holes had been chewed out of them.
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2007, 02:42 PM
Lol, i had one inside my wellies the other day, i left em outside overnight, I'm awful glad i shook em for spiders before i put m,y foot in
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-09-2007, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
Mice can climb quite well, maybe he climbed up the cables?
Yes Jane, that's about the only way he could've got on top

I am using the STV live trap, the manufacturer claims it can catch up to six mice I quite like this type, not so much because they don't die (That was OH's wish ) but more because you only drop the bait in, and empty the mice somewhere far away. No need for wiring the bait and setting the spring etc.
amethystbelle
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-09-2007, 12:22 PM
Mice can get anywhere as they can flatten themselves to get through the smallest gap. Goodluck catching him and hopefully when he is released he will realise how lucky he has been
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

17-09-2007, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by amethystbelle View Post
Mice can get anywhere as they can flatten themselves to get through the smallest gap. Goodluck catching him and hopefully when he is released he will realise how lucky he has been
Nice web site Kirsty - I didn't know what a degu was until I saw your site Might register and join the forum one day
amethystbelle
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-09-2007, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Nice web site Kirsty - I didn't know what a degu was until I saw your site Might register and join the forum one day
Thanks If you ever decide to get any degus and want any info you only have to ask
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2007, 04:11 PM
Awwwww you're a hard man H, declaring war against a tiny little innocent mouse!!!!! Go and get yourself one of those humane traps, it's a box, mouse goes in one end and door shuts? Maybe you could make one yourself if you've got plenty of time on your hands???!!! Put a piece of chocolate in it, or a bit of chocolate biscuit (if there's any left of course, coz there never is in my house!) they love chocolate and you'll catch him. Then you drive him a few miles away and voila - mouse relocated! If you just put him outside he'll be back in no time chewing away at your puter wires! Awwww, you're a cruel man you are, you're as bad as Dave not wanting them indoors! I've got one under his new workshop but I haven't told him I've seen it yet coz it'll be sentenced to death under the new Yankee Workshop!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

17-09-2007, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Go and get yourself one of those humane traps, it's a box, mouse goes in one end and door shuts? Maybe you could make one yourself if you've got plenty of time on your hands???!!!

Yes, I have one (On OH's command )

The makers say it'll catch up to six alive I've only caught one at a time, I release them near the fence of one of our 'weekender' neighbours. The other day Mickey ran under the fence and into the workshop attached to the end of his house (You might guess we don't like them much)

So you reckon I need to drive a few miles away

Never thought about making one, that's an interesting idea, thanks
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2007, 11:30 AM
..... and don't forget you have to check the box regularly!!!!! I kept forgetting coz it was out in the garage, and by the time I'd got there the poor little mouse had worked itself up into such a nervous sweat and it died!!! They're always very hot and sweaty when I release them, so make sure (pleeeeeease!) that you check the box regularly. I'm a mouse lover have you guessed!!!!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >