Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2011, 09:33 AM

Unbelievably smelly tripe!!

had my order from landywoods on thursday, all was well (well almost but not everything can be perfect)

the tripe this time round really really smells! i mean the last tray i had smelt, but not this bad! you can smell this when its frozen, and its even worse when its defrosted!!

thing is i dont know if there is anything wrong with it or not. this tripe is alot greener than the last one, so could it be from a different animal or something? or is it just off?

the dogs had it for breakfast this morning (its not stunk out my front room AND kitchen) but they wouldnt eat it on its own and i had to add some biscuits in.

so is it off or just extra smelly?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2011, 01:17 PM
One of the several rasons we stopped using landywoods was because of their rotten food.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2011, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
One of the several rasons we stopped using landywoods was because of their rotten food.
see everything else ive ordered seems fine, nothing wrong with the beef or lamb. and i cant remember for the life of me which tripe i ordered, and it just says tripe on the packet. does tripe from different animals differ in how it looks/smells?
nddogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-07-2011, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
see everything else ive ordered seems fine, nothing wrong with the beef or lamb. and i cant remember for the life of me which tripe i ordered, and it just says tripe on the packet. does tripe from different animals differ in how it looks/smells?
I think the beef tripe is not as smelly as the other stuff (think it was lamb tripe that smelled more? I can't remember). I don't oder tripe on it's own any more (I get chic tripe mix etc) as smells bad, but it all looks fresh

(if you want rotten go to frithglade and funnily enough their clearly rotten tripe does not smell as bad as Landywoods tripe, maybe because it's fresh it smells worse? I don't know but Landywoods tripe is def better than frothglade)

HTH
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2011, 03:13 PM
well the dogs ate it so i dont think there was a problem, i know when i once gave them off meat and they wouldnt touch it (obviously i didnt realise it was off ) so will see how they go with it.
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-07-2011, 08:22 PM
I got some tripe from P@H and god it stinks! I mean everything in the freezer smells! All the cardboard boxes (ready meal boxes and stuff) just stink! It's not spilt out or anything, it just makes everything stink! I defrosted it and it didn't really smell any worse, but no chance he is having it indoors! He can eat it outside or not at all!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2011, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by SarahJade View Post
I got some tripe from P@H and god it stinks! I mean everything in the freezer smells! All the cardboard boxes (ready meal boxes and stuff) just stink! It's not spilt out or anything, it just makes everything stink! I defrosted it and it didn't really smell any worse, but no chance he is having it indoors! He can eat it outside or not at all!
oh this one smells worse than the ones from PAH it STINKS!!! nana is not impressed as it has stunk out the fridge really need to buy one of those little mini fridges for their food
nddogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-07-2011, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
oh this one smells worse than the ones from PAH it STINKS!!! nana is not impressed as it has stunk out the fridge really need to buy one of those little mini fridges for their food
In the fridge ah I didn't realise, I can imagine the smell filled the house, it really catches in the back of your throat doesn't it! No tripe in our fridge
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2011, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
What absolute rubbish - and if I were Landywoods I would take serious issue with what you have said.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2011, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by nddogs View Post
In the fridge ah I didn't realise, I can imagine the smell filled the house, it really catches in the back of your throat doesn't it! No tripe in our fridge
well i have to defrost a whole 545g bag, which takes mine a few meals to eat as they only have 125g a day luckily we dont ever have a fat lot in the fridge other than milk and butter etc... admittedly the last one didnt smell as bad as this order!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >