Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2009, 03:31 PM

First Wedding Anniversary - gift ideas

Rather than me asking you to help me think of some gift ideas for my husband for our first wedding anniversary, I thought I might be inspired by the things you have done for your other halves in the past.

So, what have you bought your other halves as a wedding anniversary gift? Did you stick to the paper, gold, silver etc theme or just chose whatever you knew they would like?

And I suppose while we're at it, any thoughts, suggestions, ideas etc?

Thanks
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-08-2009, 03:46 PM
oh this is handy cos our's is coming up in Nov and I have no idea what to get Graham lol
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2009, 04:52 PM
if it were me.. (im not married and recently ditched the date ) im very simple and would appreciate chocolates and wine

orrr a meal

not helpful at all but still...
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2009, 04:55 PM
Aren't men so hard to buy for! epecially anniversarys. I usually go for a surprise holiday or short break. For our fist anniversary I took us off to Spain & whilst we were there we went to the shop were we got our wedding rings & he bought me a daimond eternity ring.
It's our 7th anniversary next week & I'm wondering what to get or do something special (no holidays this year though)
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2009, 05:07 PM
We haven't stuck to the traditional paper, silver etc. We just usually buy something the other one will like. I think a short break is a really good idea too. Even if it's only 1 night away.xx
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2009, 05:29 PM
I have done a mixture over the last 16 years varying from gadgets, weekends away, absolutley nothing and even named a star!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2009, 07:19 PM
I kind of went with the paper theme for our 1st anniversary in that I bought hubby a signed copy of a sheepdog training book, but also bought him a special shepherd's crook.

Not that I would expect Neil to want either of those things, so not much use to you really!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2009, 07:28 PM
We got married at Christmas time...so we buy something Christmassy for the house.Unfortunately after a fair few years...with a child now who likes to get his own...we are over run with Christmas stuff, so we don't buy anything anymore. We are not really very romantic, never have been..and not into all that buying of gifts stuff so probably not the best thread for me to comment on!
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2009, 07:28 PM
I know I'm not married, but I remember my Dad and Step-Mum's 1st Anniversary.

My Dad got my stepmum a diamond and glass ornament, that came with a bit of paper to state its authenticity, so sticking with the paper thing, but a bit extra.

My Stepmum got my Dad a share in his Fave football club, it came with a bit of paper, so again, sticks with the paper thing, but with an added twist!

x
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2009, 12:41 AM
I usually buy him DVD's etc
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >