Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pep_Sounds
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-04-2013, 02:02 PM

Growing Up

Cora is having her first season at the moment and it is making me quite emotional and nostalgic, thinking of how little she was when we brought her home, and how big she is now, how much we've learned together, and how proud we are of our beautiful girl.

I took this photo on our way home from the breeder.

And this photo was taken just a few weeks ago while out with her daycare friends.

But as well as thinking of how fast these past 7 months have passed, it has me thinking a lot about the sweet little girl who captured our hearts when we found her running around our local park with no collar, and no owner to be found searching for her.

My OH caught hold of her and held her close to calm her while I ran back up to the high street and bought a collar and leash. We took her to the Police station but she hadn't been reported at that point, so we brought her home as we couldn't stand the idea of her being locked up in police kennels. When the owner eventually did report her missing they called us and we took her back, but we never found out her name or her story.

She was such a darling girl she made my Euan and I realise we were ready to get a pup of our own. And though at the time we wished we could keep her, I now thank her for being a beacon to us and setting us on the path to getting our girl, Cora <3
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2013, 02:26 PM
Aw that story is lovely how the little puppy came along and made you get Cora <3 Gorgeous Pics and how gorgeous Cora is but also gotten very big bless her x
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-04-2013, 02:51 PM
Cora looks so grown-up now - a really beautiful young lady and what a lovely story about the little lost dog leading you to decide it was time for your own pup.

I hope that little one is safe and happy - such a pretty little girl.
Pep_Sounds
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-04-2013, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
I hope that little one is safe and happy - such a pretty little girl.

I hope so too Malka. I stil think of her often, though we've never seen her since, but we don't tend to take Cora to that park because it is full of squirrels...which is what the little one was running around mental chasing when we found her!

We did ask the police to let us know if the person who called claiming to be the owner didn't identify her as theirs, and we'd be happy to foster her, so I'd like to hope that no further contact from them means she got home to a loving family safe and sound.
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2013, 03:26 PM
They are both lovely. Thanks for sharing.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

04-04-2013, 05:22 PM
Cora is absolutely stunning - those are lovely photos of her. What a blessing you found that wee cutie and she is responsible for you both getting Cora - everything happens for a reason and you were meant to find the wee black lass. She was lovely.

Thanks for sharing your photos and hope to see loads more of Cora.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-04-2013, 05:27 PM
My goodness Ash, Cora is a big girl now and very pretty
I love the little rescued dog too , think I would have secretly hoped no one would claim her.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2013, 05:44 PM
What a lovely story

Lovely shots of Cora 'before' and 'after' ..... she's gorgeous.