View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2011, 04:12 PM

Oh my...... Jin has got that 'bury my bone' instinct.....

!!!!!

Have just found a chewy behind a cushon, several nylabones hidden in her bed, and when I have her a chewy just now.....she put it in a dark corner......for a few mins, before going back to eat it!

loufoxyloxy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-07-2011, 08:30 PM
ruby does this,
she has a brilliant memory aswel she buried one outside which we didnt know about, and then we moved the rabbit hutch over the soil she had been digging in so a few months ago when we moved the rabbit hutch back the first things ruby did was dig up this soggy rawhide bone she had buried there months before, its was horrible and didnt smell to good, lets just say i was a mean mum and binned it
if she has had enough of her chew she will "bury" it behind the sofa, at the side of the tv, just in any corner, behind her bed .... im sure you get the idea but if she sees that we know where it is buried she will go and move it and re "bury" it elsewhere
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2011, 09:49 PM

I'm hoping not to find any manky ones! I only give her chicken wings and the occasional denta stick.......the chicken wings dont last long enough to be buried.

Shes such a terrier!!
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2011, 02:03 PM
phoebe presses things right in to the corner of the sofa, then jumps up and down on it untill it goes right inside the space between the cushions. she will then get a blanket or cushion and cover the area up. we call it "urban burying"
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2011, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by katygeorge View Post
phoebe presses things right in to the corner of the sofa, then jumps up and down on it untill it goes right inside the space between the cushions. she will then get a blanket or cushion and cover the area up. we call it "urban burying"
She's certainly making sure you can't get it

Ted used to bury his chews and toys when we first had him. I remember once leaving him with a chew while we went out over the next couple of days i noticed he kept looking at the cabinet everytime he came into the front room so i got down and looked and found the chew pushed right under He still does it with some his bones i think he likes to let them mature. He's not very good at burying though as usually you can see the mound of dirt with the bone poking out the top He also come back with soil all over his nose

Here he is this isn't to bad to be fair normally he's whole face is black