29-11-2009, 01:17 PM
hope Zena is continuing on the road to recovery xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2009, 01:30 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
im so glad things are on the up for you all
Please H,i would only do on lead walks until her external sutures are out, as there are more important ligatures inside(im sure you will)
{{hugs}} to you all.
soon all this will be but a distant memory.
Thanks Layla, and I'm still on roadwalks, even though the vet said Thursday night that I could start putting her in the car now and take her to grassy areas on an extendable or normal lead, but of course, she'd go so loopy, I'd probably end up hanging her on a long lead, so I'm sticking with road walks, but now I've done old Georgie's legs in coz we're walking so fast and uphill to start off with, the poor boy is suffering with his rear end now!!! Jeeeze, always something, we walked too fast this morning, although the same route as yesterday, about 30 mins and he was fine!!! He's getting tlc now, he's been put in Zena'd big soft bed, and he's banned from lying on the kitchen floor till his legs are better! I'm wondering whether I can up those steroids (medrone v's 1 a day for a year!), and give him a 2nd one tonight and that might help him? Any ideas on that please Layla, he's well used to them?! Btw, her stitches are dissolvable, and she's got glue on the suture wound!

Originally Posted by Brandykins View Post
I hope, Helena, that Zena continues to make progress. Perhaps it was an infection on the wound itself and went into her system. I hope that the redness has all gone now.

Will continue to say a wee prayer for her - and for you.

You take care and more cuddles to the lovely Zena from me and doggy licks from Loki.

Take care
Thanks Rose, we're definitely on the up with Zena, she was actually hungry this morning and ate some chicken and mash, and lunchtime, she's just had a tiny bit of roast leg of lamb with some veggies, so we'll see how that goes through! I'm fed up with her big piles of soft yellow poo we're back to today I'm sure it's that chicken and rice though!xxxx

Originally Posted by tabsmagic View Post
Both of you are in my prayers tonight- sleep well!
Thanks Tabs, a good nights sleep was had by all, in fact, we didn't get up until 7.45 and that's unheard of in this house! She's really perked up today, better than ever, and eaten and had a good walk around the roads, so now she's knackered and so am I!!!! Hope all is well at your end too???? xxxx

Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
SO SOOO SOOOOO glad to be reading this. When are you writing your book H

Honestly folk would read a week in the life of H and Zena and it would cober every emotion possible!!! I don't know how you cope, but then We just have to when its our dogs

Anyway big hugs to you and Zena and hope she continues to improve xxxx
Lol at you Lynne, and now that you've said that, we have another new chapter, coz Georgie's back end has gone very stiff, too much road walking on a hard surface I would say, he's not used to it, and we walked a bit too fast this morning. He was fine yesterday though after our longer roadwalk, but I've now had to snuggle him up in Zena's bed and make him comfortable coz I don't want him lying on the hard kitchen floor when he's like this! Always bladdy something around here!!!!! xxxxx

Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
how is zena this morning helen? xx
Absolutely spot on thanks Claire!!! Couldn't wish for a greater improvement in her, playing all the time, had a good walk, eaten two small meals, had all her pills and gunk, and now she's gonna have a 2 hour sleep, and then she'll be off again with those toys I'm sure!!! Ahhhh, bliss! Except for GEorgie, he's suffering with his back end now with all this road walking, it's not good for him at his ripe old age, so he won't be coming tomorrow, I'll have to take him out on the soft grass, or maybe I'll take both of them, I'm sure I can handle Zena on her lead whilst he just plods along, I'll go up the Bird Sanctury I think! Maybe before Christmas we can both be up there again!!!xxxxx

Originally Posted by tabsmagic View Post
Hope you got a good long sleep!!
Perick thanks!!!xxxx

Originally Posted by melsgems View Post
hope Zena is continuing on the road to recovery xx
Thanks Mel, she's doing fantastic, wound is so much better and so is she, coz she's actually hungry now!!! Poor old Georgie though, he might be stiff behind, but I won't know till he wakes up later after his afternoon nap in Zena's nice big soft sumptious bed! He never gets a chance to get under the stairs now coz she's always there, so he can have her bed, I've moved it into the kitchen for now and he's in it! Bless his heart, I never thought in a million years Georgie would ever go stiff behind on me, he walks so beautifully, but the roadwork must be hard for him, so I'm not doing it anymore with him, only Zena.xxxxx
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-11-2009, 01:33 PM
Glad to hear she is facing in the right direction now, poor Georgie, he will be OK I am sure.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2009, 01:38 PM
Thanks June, he seems very happy now in her bed, I just hope and pray he can walk properly later We can't put him on Metacam or Rimdayl ya see coz he's already on steroids, and that's why I'm wondering if I could up them today..... I might ring the vet and ask, they're open on Sundays. Always something around here isn't it! xxxxxx
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2009, 01:42 PM
hi H
glad you slept well
by ligatures inside i meant (without being too graphic about your poor baby) tubes that have been tied off etc
what mg medrone is Georgie on? if in doubt give him a half this eve and see if that helps.
Annajayne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-11-2009, 01:52 PM
I am so pleased she is recovering well now Helena. What a worry they are! Hope she is back to normal Zena soon. Take care. xxx
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2009, 02:21 PM
Hugs from us all xxxx
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2009, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post

Absolutely spot on thanks Claire!!! Couldn't wish for a greater improvement in her, playing all the time, had a good walk, eaten two small meals, had all her pills and gunk, and now she's gonna have a 2 hour sleep, and then she'll be off again with those toys I'm sure!!! Ahhhh, bliss! Except for GEorgie, he's suffering with his back end now with all this road walking, it's not good for him at his ripe old age, so he won't be coming tomorrow, I'll have to take him out on the soft grass, or maybe I'll take both of them, I'm sure I can handle Zena on her lead whilst he just plods along, I'll go up the Bird Sanctury I think! Maybe before Christmas we can both be up there again!!!xxxxx
brilliant!! i'm so pleased she's on the road to recovery now! sorry to here about poor old gorgeous georgie though. i know dylan has bad days when he has overdone it. sometimes even just a couple of runs after his ball can be too much. it's so hard when their minds are so blooming willing but their bodies just aren't. our oldies are so precious but they won't accept they are getting on!!

it'll be lovely to meet up again! i'm actually off for 2 weeks over christmas so maybe we can get a few walks in together. strange thing will be that the first time was such a beautiful sunny day but chances are the next time will be very different!!

big hugs to zena and georgie boy. xxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2009, 03:57 PM
hi H
glad you slept well
by ligatures inside i meant (without being too graphic about your poor baby) tubes that have been tied off etc
what mg medrone is Georgie on? if in doubt give him a half this eve and see if that helps.
Thanks Layla, and oh, don't worry, I've read up on those, and that's why I want to take it oh so carefully for at least TWO months here!!! Yes, two months before she'll be allowed to act the loon out and obout have no fear of that!
Georgie is on 2mg a day, but of course, poor boy as I said much, much earlier I missed a couple this week, but I'm really wanting to give him a 2nd one tonight, coz what with everything else going on yesterday I'm sure I missed yesterday morning again, which means he's probably had one every other day this week, but then that's fine, the vet said to do that if I could! I couldn't possibly cut one in half even with me glasses on coz they're teeny weeny miniscule little blighters!!! I think I'm going to though unless I hear different back from you!!! xxxx

Originally Posted by Annajayne View Post
I am so pleased she is recovering well now Helena. What a worry they are! Hope she is back to normal Zena soon. Take care. xxx
Thanks Annajayne, she's totally bonkers again today, but best of all she's eating, she's actually telling me she's hungry, and she's being dare I say it, "sensible" with herself????!!! I.e. not leaping up on Dave in his chair, not jumping OVER Georgie lying by the back door, that kind of thing!!!! xxxx

Originally Posted by Sweep View Post
Hugs from us all xxxx
Thanks Sweep, yet another happening here this past week, thankfully now ended!!! xxx

Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
brilliant!! i'm so pleased she's on the road to recovery now! sorry to here about poor old gorgeous georgie though. i know dylan has bad days when he has overdone it. sometimes even just a couple of runs after his ball can be too much. it's so hard when their minds are so blooming willing but their bodies just aren't. our oldies are so precious but they won't accept they are getting on!!

it'll be lovely to meet up again! i'm actually off for 2 weeks over christmas so maybe we can get a few walks in together. strange thing will be that the first time was such a beautiful sunny day but chances are the next time will be very different!!

big hugs to zena and georgie boy. xxx
Thanks Claire, that'd be great, but I'm thinking we do the track around the bird sanctuary this time, so Zena won't go manic coz I don't want to chance anything with the healing process, especially with my luck and hers by the looks of it!!!

Re: old Georgieboy, this has never happened in history, even when Zena first arrived and pestered the life out of him and played out in the garden, he's never suffered with his back end, but I'm strongly suspecting pounding up and down the hard road surfaces have taken it's toll on him, he needs nice soft turf at his age, and that's what he'll get this week! He has moved, so he's not totally disabled, but I'm sure he's hurting. I'm gonna bite the bullet and give him a 2nd steroid tonight coz they're painkillers in themselves, and if nothing else, he'll sleep well tonight! xxxxxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2009, 04:09 PM
hi H
glad you slept well
Just been checking on the net Layla, and it appears you can do two doses a day but you have to give the same dose twice a day, so I'm going for it!!! This little extract quote "Body weight 18 to 36Kg. Average daily dosage 4 to 8mg." unquote, tells me his 2mg a day is a VERY low dose for his weight anyway, so it won't harm him and can only make him feel better, I'm sure! Thanks for your help, I'm going for it!!!! xxxxx
Page 10 of 22 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 > Last »