View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2010, 08:50 AM
Congratulations!!! Good to see the judges had impeccable taste at that show!

Love the fact Molly has taken ownership of the cockerel! I guess she is making sure that Roxy doesn't get all big-headed!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2010, 09:58 AM
Thanks everyone. I'm really chuffed. Roxy has come so far and I really am very proud of her. She's a great wee dog.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2010, 09:59 AM
Originally Posted by cava14una View Post
Well done Saw you getting best trick but went home after that as we had a fair journey
Thanks Anne. It was lovely to see you yesterday. And Zymi!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2010, 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
Congratulations!!! Good to see the judges had impeccable taste at that show!

Love the fact Molly has taken ownership of the cockerel! I guess she is making sure that Roxy doesn't get all big-headed!
Thanks Claire. Yes, the judge most definitely did have good taste! She was a really lovely woman, very pleasant. Some can be a bit but she was a star!

Nah, Molly will keep her grounded! Molly always claims the soft toys.....poor Roxy!!
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-05-2010, 09:11 PM
Well done. I was there with my 2 poodles. One was there for showing and the other obediance. As nice as the judge was I didn't think much of her memory on what dogs she placed in classes. It was a nice day out but at the begining it was really dragged out with the dancing dogs thing!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2010, 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by Blu View Post
Well done. I was there with my 2 poodles. One was there for showing and the other obediance. As nice as the judge was I didn't think much of her memory on what dogs she placed in classes. It was a nice day out but at the begining it was really dragged out with the dancing dogs thing!
Ah! Were you the one I spoke to about THAT puppy farm? If so, I remember you.

Also, the show was late starting and the heelwork to music was in the schedule. I really enjoyed it actually. It started at 12.50ish when it was meant to start at 12.30. Now, I'm, not sure if the whole dog schedule incl. HTM was to start then or the actually showing. However, I think it ran too long because the judge spent an age on the pedigree classes! Far too long, IMO, as the Novelty classes didn't start until about 5.10pm! It wasn't the HTM that dragged the afternoon out!

I loved the judge though, she was a really lovely woman. Makes a nice change actually!
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-05-2010, 09:54 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Ah! Were you the one I spoke to about THAT puppy farm? If so, I remember you.

Also, the show was late starting and the heelwork to music was in the schedule. I really enjoyed it actually. It started at 12.50ish when it was meant to start at 12.30. Now, I'm, not sure if the whole dog schedule incl. HTM was to start then or the actually showing. However, I think it ran too long because the judge spent an age on the pedigree classes! Far too long, IMO, as the Novelty classes didn't start until about 5.10pm! It wasn't the HTM that dragged the afternoon out!

I loved the judge though, she was a really lovely woman. Makes a nice change actually!
Yep I am that person I wasn't sure if I had spoke to you or not. I'm so hopeless at remembering people!

The showing classes were supposed to start to 12 30 but it seemed a bit unorganised. It's put dad off of going to shows anyway aha. She's a judge so pedigree classes are her main thing and what helps make a companion show. The fun classes are just something after. The puppy class was far too big. In the Utility class she came up and asked what place I got in puppy class and I said none.. She asked if I was sure because she was sure she placed me then she went on to say she forgot I was in the ring because I was next to the pet people mainly. Atleast she was honest Got given 1st in Utility anyway.

So glad we didn't stay for the novelty. I had entered into them but dad wanted home and the dogs were getting a bit bored waiting around. Do you know if there are any pictures around from it? They aren't up on the website yet.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2010, 10:00 PM
Yep I am that person I wasn't sure if I had spoke to you or not. I'm so hopeless at remembering people!

The showing classes were supposed to start to 12 30 but it seemed a bit unorganised. It's put dad off of going to shows anyway aha. She's a judge so pedigree classes are her main thing and what helps make a companion show. The fun classes are just something after. The puppy class was far too big. In the Utility class she came up and asked what place I got in puppy class and I said none.. She asked if I was sure because she was sure she placed me then she went on to say she forgot I was in the ring because I was next to the pet people mainly. Atleast she was honest Got given 1st in Utility anyway.

So glad we didn't stay for the novelty. I had entered into them but dad wanted home and the dogs were getting a bit bored waiting around. Do you know if there are any pictures around from it? They aren't up on the website yet.
I totally disagree with you on this one, the 'fun' classes as you call them, are most certainly NOT just something afterwards. If they were, there certainly wouldn't be as many people entering them. I know many people who just go to these shows purely for the 'fun' classes and nothing else. Many people who enter the breed classes also enter the Novelty classes.

The whole idea of the show is meant to be 'fun' - and that includes the pedigree classes. However, some people belittle the Novelty classes but for me, they are the most important and 'fun' part of it all.

Shame you didn't stay for the 'fun' classes, I thought they were the best part of the day! Those classes along with the HTM are what made the day for me. I can give or take the breed classes as far too many people take them too seriously and evidently don't have much fun with their dogs!

I love it when I see 'pet people' having a great time with their dogs, it's a great day out usually for us pet people!

As for pictures, I think they'll be put up through their website in due course.
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-05-2010, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
I totally disagree with you on this one, the 'fun' classes as you call them, are most certainly NOT just something afterwards. If they were, there certainly wouldn't be as many people entering them. I know many people who just go to these shows purely for the 'fun' classes and nothing else. Many people who enter the breed classes also enter the Novelty classes.

The whole idea of the show is meant to be 'fun' - and that includes the pedigree classes. However, some people belittle the Novelty classes but for me, they are the most important and 'fun' part of it all.

Shame you didn't stay for the 'fun' classes, I thought they were the best part of the day! Those classes along with the HTM are what made the day for me. I can give or take the breed classes as far too many people take them too seriously and evidently don't have much fun with their dogs!

I love it when I see 'pet people' having a great time with their dogs, it's a great day out usually for us pet people!

As for pictures, I think they'll be put up through their website in due course.
Wow no need to have a go about it! I was only saying I think the pedigree classes are the most important part because it's where alot of people start out in showing.. I know I did and without them I wouldn't have had as much experiance for in the ring. Funnily enough most people I saw there I know from showing (including people who run WAG) and also people I know through the years from competing in obediance.

All shows are supposed to be fun, they are a hobby not a buisness and if you aren't having fun at a show then you shouldn't be going. If the pedigree classes meant nothing then they would just pick someone walking along the street to judge not someone who knows breed standards. I was one of the people who entered both lots of classes but felt it was far too dragged out to stay any longer.

I am actually a 'pet person' as you put it. Showing is a hobby, all my animals are pets first and foremost.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2010, 10:18 PM
Wow no need to have a go about it! I was only saying I think the pedigree classes are the most important part because it's where alot of people start out in showing.. I know I did and without them I wouldn't have had as much experiance for in the ring. Funnily enough most people I saw there I know from showing (including people who run WAG) and also people I know through the years from competing in obediance.

All shows are supposed to be fun, they are a hobby not a buisness and if you aren't having fun at a show then you shouldn't be going. If the pedigree classes meant nothing then they would just pick someone walking along the street to judge not someone who knows breed standards. I was one of the people who entered both lots of classes but felt it was far too dragged out to stay any longer.

I am actually a 'pet person' as you put it. Showing is a hobby, all my animals are pets first and foremost.
Correction, you stated 'pet people', I just followed on from your comments.

I'm well aware of what goes on at show such as the WAG one and we usually enjoy a good day out with the dogs, as do you with yours I'm sure.

I agree that they are a good place to start with regards to showing dogs so I wish you success with your dogs in the future.

How did you get on in the obedience? Think the BCs out ran us all!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >