Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2008, 01:51 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Kirsty NOBODY has ever said the Fox is to blame, but they must be controlled, if they were destroying your livlihood you wouldnt think twice, but you dont have a problem and Im pleased for you. You know yourself if something in your line of work is not working correctly or is broken, you fix it, if the dog doesnt do its job you replace it, if the Fox kills your chickens or lambs you shoot it!
Yes I agree Dawn - but I would deal with that individual fox that was a problem. I wouldn't want to see ALL foxes disappear from the British countryside. From speaking to many farmers and shepherds over the years, there are very few who have had any serious predation on lambs from foxes. I know it is more prevalent in some areas than others, and I sympathise with those who do find foxes a big problem, but again - they should deal with the individuals, not kill indiscriminately. Just my opinion.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2008, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Yes I agree Dawn - but I would deal with that individual fox that was a problem. I wouldn't want to see ALL foxes disappear from the British countryside. From speaking to many farmers and shepherds over the years, there are very few who have had any serious predation on lambs from foxes. I know it is more prevalent in some areas than others, and I sympathise with those who do find foxes a big problem, but again - they should deal with the individuals, not kill indiscriminately. Just my opinion.
Or for "fun" either
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2008, 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
Or for "fun" either
No, I could never endorse killing anything for the sheer enjoyment of it
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-10-2008, 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
No, I could never endorse killing anything for the sheer enjoyment of it
Unfortunately, a large percentage of the red-coated tomfoolery brigade are doing precisely that. To kill something for "control" does not necessitate chasing it for miles and terrorising it first.

Snorri
melzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-10-2008, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
What a ridiculous statement! its true Take a look at the dog at your feet, do you own it, or just share your house with it??
oh where did he come from i look after dogs i dont kill them if they steal food out my kitchen and if dogs didnt have owners feeding them they would kill your chickens to
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2008, 03:03 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
Unfortunately, a large percentage of the red-coated tomfoolery brigade are doing precisely that. To kill something for "control" does not necessitate chasing it for miles and terrorising it first.

Snorri

I agree outdated snobbery Tally ho!!!!! what what!!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2008, 03:03 PM
Originally Posted by melzy View Post
oh where did he come from i look after dogs i dont kill them if they steal food out my kitchen and if dogs didnt have owners feeding them they would kill your chickens to
Nice one
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-10-2008, 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by melzy View Post
We Dont Own Animals We Just Share The Earth With Them
I remember saying in a very old posting that whilst the law (man-made) regarded my dogs as my property, I didn't. I thought of them as animals with whom I had formed a partnership, from which I got companionship and they got board and lodging - a fair exchange!

Snorri
melzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-10-2008, 03:20 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
I remember saying in a very old posting that whilst the law (man-made) regarded my dogs as my property, I didn't. I thought of them as animals with whom I had formed a partnership, from which I got companionship and they got board and lodging - a fair exchange!

Snorri
i dont mean the animals we care for i mean
we dont have the right to kill them as we are no better we should let therm live there lives after all they were here first
melzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-10-2008, 03:46 PM
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=IdPI50...eature=related this is getting way to serious
Page 11 of 94 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 61 > Last »