View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sallyinlancs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-05-2008, 11:43 PM
I wanted a large dog that I could hug. One that could take long walks but didn't need loads of exercise every day. A dog that looked formidable enough for me to feel safe out on my own in the dark, but that would be very affectionate and friendly. One that would make an ideal family pet and get on with children. A dog I could have a real 'connection' with and who would instinctively know how I feel. A dog who would get on with my cat and who would love to have the company of another dog when I was ready....... Now I have two Northern Inuits and I have found the ideal breed for me.
running cloud
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-05-2008, 12:05 AM
I was looking for a new breed,came across the Northern Inuit and fell in love with them,for me Tala is the most beautiful dog i have ever owned and she is so loving.I now own 4 Northern Inuits 2 from Pups and 2 which have been rehomes.They are all super and are all sociable with other dogs,this i like very much!
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2008, 11:40 AM
When I lost my shar pei then began my search for a dog which was able to be let off lead as suki had spent 9 years on lead due to being attacked and for that reason alone I didn't want another shar pei, she didn't like the rain, wind, cold, I wanted a dog which could go for long walks and didn't mind the weather...we came across a photo of Jim Brown, an N.I here in Falkirk, fell in love with the look of him, so the search turned to finding out about the breed, Mags with JB was kind enough to let us visit and meet JB which made our minds up, we ended up with 2 lovely boys, Inka and Kain, they were every thing it said on the tin, non guarding submissive loving friendly to all people and other dogs, to a fault I'd say lol.
And now I have Toro the EBT a breed I have always had a passion for but never thought I'd be lucky enough to have one, thanks to Donna and Ray Hilton in Manchester I have my beautiful girl. xx
karut
New Member!
Female 

21-05-2008, 01:15 PM
I got my dog at a rescue organization. I had been looking for an older dog then saw Bronx and fell in love. He was 3 months old. He is a mix between a Rottweiller and a Corgi. Yes that is right. He has the size of a Rottweiller in the body of a Corgi. So he is a big dog in a medium body. He is the absolute best dog I have ever seen or had. Gentle around my 7 and 5 year old. Loves everyone and so quiet you barely know he is in the house.

I would get another mix in a minute.
ticketyboo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-05-2008, 09:41 AM
Until about twenty years ago I always owned GSDs, but after the death of my last one I decided to go for a smaller dog with the same sort of character, so I opted for a Cairn Terrier...it was the best decision I ever made, as I fell completely in love with the breed, and have now had three of them.
hayley08
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-07-2008, 11:21 PM
i have a staff x ridgeback that i come to own buy accident when a lady i know could no longer look after her i took her in she is fantastic and would definitely own this mix again the only down side is she has had trouble with her elbow as the big mixed with a small breed has meant her legs have cartilage problems!! i also have a northern Inuit i ended up with her as she was stuck in a tiny flat and the owners couldn't cope yet again a breed i would highly recommend and i also own a welsh bob tail border collie who was born and breed with no tail (people find this very strange lol) and we just love borders in our family so we choose him and yes yes yes they are a fantastic bred if you have the time and energy!!!
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2008, 07:53 AM
I chose the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel back in 1994 as the breed suited our homelife at the time.

Small dog - toy breed
Temerament - highly affectionate
Personality - extremelly socialable dogs

As time has gone on, I have learnt more about the breed and would always consider a cavalier - cant imagine life without one
Sophie*
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-08-2008, 01:44 PM
I wanted a small, friendly dog who likes to be around people and doesn't have excessive exercise needs. I also suffer from severe allergies so wanted a non-shedding dog. I chose a toy poodle.
YorkieRose
New Member!
Female 

23-08-2008, 11:52 PM
I love Yorkies. They are large dogs in a small body, full of terrier spunk and make good companions. When properly trained to understand they are not in charge and their human is the pack leader, they are a joy, very human-like in many traits.
My Yorkies do not yap and bark, they are not picky eaters, not delicate, but very hardy for a toy breed. They would never dream of snapping or growling at anyone.
They do not shed, which I love.

I have met Yorkies who were miserable to be around, spoiled brats, who pottied where they pleased, had to be hand fed, barked at everything and ruled the roost...it is not fun to own a Yorkie who thinks they are boss.
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2008, 04:54 PM
we have had three border collies ,well im not certain willow maybe cross with rough collie

we first got bessey full border collie ,we both loved the breed ,she was our first dog .she was just about perfect ,we were only young ,we had the energy to keep up with young bc ,. when we lost bessey ,we just had to have another one along came dylan .blue merle this time ,we are older but still young enough to keep up with him we love walking we love takeing them on long walks , we juggle work and all other commitments ,round the dogs ,we went looking for another collie .friend for our dylan ,as we felt certain this boy needs a friend .we found willow in bham dogs home ,i fell hook line and sinker head over heels for this adoreable tom boy of a collie possible border x rough we will all ways look round the rescue ,dylan came from rescue as puppy .i dont think willow had the best start as we get older its poss we will rescue older collies as the young ones need younger active owners i may think for 1second about another breed ive just been bitten by the collie bug they are clever savvy dogs but every one is diffrent some are more worky than others ,they are all have diffrent needs ,one thing is certain ,dont choose a collie if you are lazy sit on your ass kinda people
Page 12 of 24 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 > Last »