Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2006, 08:47 AM

Da Vinci code

Has anyone been to see this film yet. My daughter went to see it last night and was very disappointed. She and I have read the book and said if she had not read the book, she would have been totally confused as to what was going on. I was looking forward to going to see this film, but now have my doubts. Any other opinions?
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-05-2006, 08:50 AM
just loading it down now but i find that always if you read th book first the film is not so good as the book
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2006, 08:52 AM
Yes I have found that also Fred. I did ask her whether that spoilt it, but she said her friend had never read the book and he wasn`t very impressed, be interested to hear what you think when you have seen it.
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2006, 12:35 PM
i think tom hanks is a great actor so we will prob go see it there is just one thing can some one explain what an earth the da vince code means i feel like i should no but i dont
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2006, 02:05 PM
Its about finding the holy grail and what the holy grail really is or really means the book is about finding the answers to codes that lead to the holy grail and also the painting The Last Supper by Da Vinci is envolved.
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-05-2006, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by Ella's Mum
i think tom hanks is a great actor so we will prob go see it there is just one thing can some one explain what an earth the da vince code means i feel like i should no but i dont
The plot of the novel involves a conspiracy by the Catholic Church to cover up the "true" story of Jesus. The Vatican knows it is living a lie but does so to keep itself in power. The novel has helped generate popular interest in speculation concerning the Holy Grail legend and the role of Mary Magdalene in the history of Christianity. Fans have lauded the book as creative (despite the fact that none of Brown's theories are new), action-packed and thought-provoking. Critics have attacked it as poorly written, inaccurate and creating confusion between speculation and fact. From a religious point of view, some critics consider it sacrilegious, and decry the many negative implications about the Catholic Church and Opus Dei.
mark meek
Dogsey Senior
Male 

20-05-2006, 04:31 PM
i read the book and thought it was written by a 10 year old for a 10 year old . the crittics panned the film so i dont hold out much hope , but will watch it anyway.
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2006, 05:37 PM
thanks fred and katiecoos
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2006, 05:44 PM
Thought the book was great and can't wait to see the film. Have heard from others it may not be as good as the book but I will still watch it so I can make up my own mind. Also visited Rossylin Chapel the weekend after Tom Hanks had been there filming what a gorgeous building .
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2006, 06:17 PM
Haven't read the book, but want to see the film. All I know is, it got terrible reviews didn't it. Tom Hanks apparently left his hotel room and went home the next day due to all the bad press, and somebody else did the same too. Nobody wants to be interviewed who starred in the film. They also kept changing scenes right up to the premier. This is what I've heard on the news in the last couple of days.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >