Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2012, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
Ohh, there is a LOT of good!
I love going into Christies!
The nurses all know you as soon as you walk in, give you a hug, think nothing of making you food at 2am when you can't sleep.
Will go out of their way to come and chat with you if you are lonely.

The ladies and guys in the blood room are fantastic, hug me every time I go, ask how I am, even ask how the dogs are and to see pics. Even when I was an in patient (and not in their department) they couldn't do enough to help. (1 even gave me their lunch when my appt over ran and I had no food or money!)

The receptionists are fantastic, know me by sight, I don't even have to give my name when I get there. They know I only have appts after 10am, and never send me one before.

The cleaners on the wards know your names and chat to you when they come in to clean.

The docs are great, phone you when they need to (they phone, not their secretaries), are very easy going and try and cater to your needs and not those of the hospital etc etc

I could do loads more, but you see my point. I love this hospital
Lovely to hear of your stay at this Hospital, it's nice to hear some good news on NHS hospitals for once. They do exist! Sadly good ones don't attract media attention quite like bad ones and we all know how much people LOVE to believe everything they see on TV or read in the paper!
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4