Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2012, 01:46 PM

Money yet again (rant)

Frigging nora!

At the weekend OH was at his friends, now he does this now and then and I deal with it, goes up there and stays there all night frequently for two nights. Doesn't bother me, particularly anyway. We have always had problems with money, but this weekend with the little fella doing so well on his school report and us having a bit extra I took him to Inverness on Saturday for a nice trip. He got some trackies, I got some bits and OH was fine with this at the time. I spent all our cash, but Davie had a lovely day out and a lot of the cash went on food shopping, petrol stuff like that.

Today, I get a terse...you spent way more than you said you had, what the *@C" did you spend it on.

So I've had to list it all, and the only thing that we wasted money on was takeaway, and he had some of that too. The rest went on food, clothes, and other things we needed.

I get sick to the back frigging teeth of having to justify myself to him, the bills are paid. I am so annoyed with him right now!
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2012, 03:43 PM
oh ignore him, he must just be in a grump!

My hubby's a pain in the bottom with money, frivolous one minute then tight as a ducks rear the next, it's very odd - I think it just depends on the mood he's in, men! - an odd species
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2012, 03:53 PM
agree ignore it. Or do as I do half the amount spent and tell him that, what they don't know won't hurt them
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-06-2012, 04:14 PM
Agree with everyone else, ignore him We all deserve to spend a little every now and again, you were hardly being irresponsible! Plus I think it's lovely that you treated your son for doing well on his school report

I think money is just one of those things that causes arguments sometimes, it's unavoidable! My OH can be a pain in the butt about it too - one minute he's spending his entire paycheck on computer games, the next he's moaning at me for paying the deposit for our new house. Men, who'd have them?
Jeltz
Dogsey Junior
Male 

26-06-2012, 05:14 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
agree ignore it. Or do as I do half the amount spent and tell him that, what they don't know won't hurt them
I suggested to my good lady, that instead of having to get parcels from the post office, when we both work full time, if she had them delivered to my work there would always be someone in to sign for them. (She can't have them delivered to her work)

The response was, but then you'd know how much I'm really spending!!!!!
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2012, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
oh ignore him, he must just be in a grump!

My hubby's a pain in the bottom with money, frivolous one minute then tight as a ducks rear the next, it's very odd - I think it just depends on the mood he's in, men! - an odd species
Sounds like my OH!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-06-2012, 06:34 PM
My ex-husband once made me return something because I had "wasted" 7s6d on it as it was not something I needed, just wanted...

...then he went out and bought himself a pure silk shirt [which was sheer hell to iron].
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2012, 07:54 PM
Blokes can be a giant PITA, Lorraine, and it sounds like yours is a classic.

I've always been the main breadwinner in the house, the only that ever earned alongside me is Baz (3rd husband).

I'm very grateful he doesn't care how much I spend and on what - if we've got it, and we want something, we'll spend it - no pockets in a shroud and all that.

Hugs love xxxx