Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-06-2012, 09:10 PM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
I feel like this all the time Pippam. Walking doesn't really help me at all. Swimming does a bit cause I concentrate on my stroke. But a lot of the time I am anxious about making the least little mistake, especially at cadets, I'm worse there cause I am scared of making a safety mistake.
I can sympathise lore - had it almost to the point that I was too anxious to leave the house but not so bad now
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-06-2012, 10:25 PM
i found it next to impossible to become dependant on kalms, so much so i would forget to take them.
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2012, 06:09 PM
Just wanted to thank you all for the helpful replies and apologise for making the post and not getting back online ...My son dropped my laptop
From reading some of the posts maybe it's anxiety i have,i find it's in any situation where i feel people may be looking at me,I was the same on my wedding day,most of its a blur because i was so nervous, I gave myself a good talking to this week and found i wasn't nervous at the Boston show we didnt place but i was thrilled that Bea had fun and i wasn't a quaking wreck lol

Best bit is we went to the Hound club of East Anglia today and i was remarkably calm again, She won Best of Breed too so i am one very happy bunny
Thank you all
misskatie20
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-06-2012, 11:18 PM
I also recommend 'feel the fear do it anyway.'
At the moment I am reading a fabulous book called 'A new earth' by eckhart tolle' which I recommend to anyone suffering from anxiety
XoloLover
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-06-2012, 04:49 PM
I suffer from anxiety and have found as a quick pick me up bach rescue remedy works really well (the dropper more so than the tablets.) It just helps take the edge of the panic.

otherwise you might want to consider talking to someone about it as it really does help. ive recently started seeing a hypnotherapist/normal therapist to help with my anxiety as it is causing 'the shakes' in what I feel are high pressure situations, and it is helping a lot!

Constantly remind yourself of how long you've shown for, of all the awards your dogs have gotten, how proud you were of them and yourself at the time etc etc... it sound 'hippie' but positive energy really helps.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2