View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2012, 07:28 AM
I keep meaning to start cycling, managed to get a free bike (not the most modern but it has all the necessary parts at least ) so just need to pump the tyres up and get out on it. It was recommended before, for my iffy knees, but I'm just not entirely sure what's best for this injury (not even sure what it is because the pain seems to vary in location)
louise!
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-06-2012, 10:19 AM
Originally Posted by Tegs_mum View Post
Makes sense then and sorry but had to laugh at your description of your running style
Sadly true

My knees are giving me jip at the moment, the pain in them doesn't seem to be letting up even after a couple of nights sleep which is a bit worrying! I'm due to start week 4 in a day or two but I'm going to have to leave it until the ache is gone... either than or chug down some paracetamol!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2012, 02:53 PM
Heya all,

I'm planning doing a 10k in October and a sponsored half marathon next March for ACF detachment funds so started running again after a year or so off. I did a half marathon last year but ended up in pain every time I ran after that so stopped.

Did 2 miles on Monday, but not been back out since, I'm afraid I've been a bit busy the last few days. Going to try to get out tonight though after the ACF cadets have finished their sponsored 5k and I've dropped them off.

Looking forward to getting back to it all.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2012, 09:44 AM
well i did my first one again yesterday, went on my own and left asbo behind but oh my im feeling it this morning!

muscles in the top of my legs are burning

i did 50 sit ups yesterday and 50 the day before, so my stomach muscles are feeling it too

ahh well, enjoyed it though, and i will be out again tomorrow
GirondeDeb
Dogsey Senior
Male 

30-06-2012, 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
Heya all,

I'm planning doing a 10k in October and a sponsored half marathon next March for ACF detachment funds so started running again after a year or so off. I did a half marathon last year but ended up in pain every time I ran after that so stopped.

Did 2 miles on Monday, but not been back out since, I'm afraid I've been a bit busy the last few days. Going to try to get out tonight though after the ACF cadets have finished their sponsored 5k and I've dropped them off.

Looking forward to getting back to it all.
I'm impressed...I can't seem to get beyond 3km. What sort of pain do you get? Knees?

Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
well i did my first one again yesterday, went on my own and left asbo behind but oh my im feeling it this morning!

muscles in the top of my legs are burning

i did 50 sit ups yesterday and 50 the day before, so my stomach muscles are feeling it too

ahh well, enjoyed it though, and i will be out again tomorrow
Woo hoo...go GI Clo! How did your second session go?
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-06-2012, 07:16 PM
i did my first run for about a year this week, as part of cani x group. that was 7k. i am still sore couple days later, but have been stretching and doing yoga, drinking my anti inflammatory herbal drinks, especially ginseng root powder which is good for sports recovery, even managed to fit in a sauna session. i have also just kept active and walked thru the pain. by monday it will have passed, so best thing to do is run the same distance again. my muscles will soon adapt, so will be able to do couple runs per week.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2012, 08:54 AM
Originally Posted by GirondeDeb View Post
I'm impressed...I can't seem to get beyond 3km. What sort of pain do you get? Knees?

Woo hoo...go GI Clo! How did your second session go?
It's ankles and my hips I felt it in. Knees aren't too bad unless it's cold, then I have to have a hot bath or nothing works.

Just did a 15 mile hike with the cadets yesterday, felt really good this morning except for some pain where my boots are rubbing round my ankles, just need to tie them a little tighter.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2012, 08:09 PM
Walked last night with Dougal, but tonight did 2.43 miles (3.93km according to the conversion thingy) in 32 minutes. Pretty much a record for me, and I felt pretty good although I was soaked in sweat...bit of a sweaty Betty here.
louise!
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-07-2012, 08:38 PM
How is everyone doing? I'm over the moon at completing the first day of week 4 since I've been stalling on it for nearly two weeks now argh. My knees have suddenly improved but one of my ankles and a hip is giving me jyp now to compensate!
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-07-2012, 10:47 PM
i just ran 4 miles tonight with my cani x club in conditions i havent tried before - complete and total mud trails and driving rain. fantastic!
Page 7 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7