Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
GirondeDeb
Dogsey Senior
Male 

30-03-2012, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
It's to do with unequal muscles pulling the kneecap at the wrong angle, apparently fairly common in women, had physio for it and if I do my exercises it's not so bad but I get lazy! The bicyle at the gym just seemed to aggravate it, using the wrong muscles I think. I've been trying to eat healthier lately too so hopefully that will help, but I guess I could share the dogs' supplements!
Ouch...I've got a similar thing in my knees. I had surgery to lengthen the tendons on the tight side, which has helped. I do a fair bit of cycling and find that I have to have the saddle a centimetre or so higher than is recommended. Toe clips, or clip-in pedals, help keep your knees in the right position.

Running cross-country with my dog has actually helped strengthen my knees, as long as I don't overdo it, and do my stretches afterwards.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2012, 03:45 PM
i ended up not going today

i AM starting on monday though! monday morning, will be out the door by half 8 at the latest..
GirondeDeb
Dogsey Senior
Male 

30-03-2012, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
i ended up not going today

i AM starting on monday though! monday morning, will be out the door by half 8 at the latest..
You baddie!! It doesn't count if you just listen to the podcast when you're curled up on the sofa with a glass of wine...
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2012, 09:20 PM
I am going to start this with Jake tomorrow

It sounds great, and I think I try and overdo it sometimes, so hopefully this will keep me right! I am just downloading them all just now, and then will pop them on the ipod!
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2012, 04:48 PM
After a few days rest because of an iffy knee, I've finally done week 2, day 1! Found it a lot easier than I was expecting, though not sure if my knee will be that pleased with me tomorrow
GirondeDeb
Dogsey Senior
Male 

06-04-2012, 08:02 AM
After a few days rest because of an iffy knee, I've finally done week 2, day 1! Found it a lot easier than I was expecting, though not sure if my knee will be that pleased with me tomorrow
Well done! How's the knee holding up?
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2012, 09:14 AM
Little bit tender still but not really any worse for running thankfully
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2012, 01:24 PM
i finally got round to doing the first one today!!

i didnt find it too bad to be honest, but i did experience a couple of problems...

asbo needs a longer lead as he doesnt seem to like to match my pace, which means i have to have it behind me a bit, which means i cant keep that arm loose.

so i need a longer lead, or one that goes round my waist so i am hands free.

i also bought tracksuit bottoms that dont have pockets which means i had nowhere to put my ipod, so had sort of took it in the top of my joggers
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2012, 01:27 PM
Solution to both problems - http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/dogs/d..._colour/184327

I haven't been able to do week 2, day 2 because of my knee Am frustrated but it doesn't seem to be getting better. After a night of wearing the knee support it finally felt a lot better this morning but as the day goes on, it's getting sore again (have to keep giving it a break from the knee support as wearing it for long periods makes my "knee pit" sore ). Am really annoyed as I've been off college so had the time to go running, but not been able to for nearly a week now.
I have, however, got all the materials to make my own running belt, which will hopefully help with the issue of the leads rising up around my waist instead of staying around my hips, so I can at sew that in the mean time!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2012, 01:32 PM
Solution to both problems - http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/dogs/d..._colour/184327

I haven't been able to do week 2, day 2 because of my knee Am frustrated but it doesn't seem to be getting better. After a night of wearing the knee support it finally felt a lot better this morning but as the day goes on, it's getting sore again (have to keep giving it a break from the knee support as wearing it for long periods makes my "knee pit" sore ). Am really annoyed as I've been off college so had the time to go running, but not been able to for nearly a week now.
I have, however, got all the materials to make my own running belt, which will hopefully help with the issue of the leads rising up around my waist instead of staying around my hips, so I can at sew that in the mean time!
my knee is quite sore this afternoon (i damaged it a few years ago doing gymnastics) think i may have to start taking some joint supplements to see if that helps any.
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »