Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2008, 04:45 PM

I just let rip - today's little Gem

Well, there I was having a sneaky little afternoon nap, just nodded off as yer do, and the bl@@dy phone rang and woke me up! Grrrrr. I recently changed my ex-directory number yet again, coz I was getting plagued with calls I didn't want, and always, but always around 3pm, and everyone knows not to ring me at that time, they all know where I am! Anyway, when I eventually got back to sleep and got up at 3.30 I did the 1571 bit and a message had been left by a local College for some girl who I've never heard of, and this is NOT the first time I've had a call from this particular college either!! Right. Both barrels loaded, I picked up the phone and got through to them via the answerphone, i.e. pressing 0 or something (God knows how much it cost me for the priveledge of doing it that way, but you know me, anything for an easy life!). I asked to speak to this Charlie girl who had left the message. Then I told her (in no uncertain terms) that I wanted to know whether she had misdialled my number or whether she had actually been GIVEN MY new ex-directory number by this particular student??? THEN, she says, in her condescending 17 yr. old's voice that to do that she would have to get into the puter and she's not logged in, so I would have to hold on for 2 or 3 minutes whilst she did that????!!! Excuse me? Hold on??? When I'M paying??? Nah, don't think so! So I then ranted on to her that I am a nurse, and I work nights, (only little white porky!!!)and she had WOKEN ME UP, and I was not happy and she could ring ME back again when she had found the number she had for this student on her records! All of a sudden, somebody closeby to her was logged into the puter which could tell her. I could almost feel her eyes rolling at the sheer inconvenience of having some crabby old person stopping her attending to her afternoon manicure!!!! I tell her I'm not going to give her MY number, but I want her to give ME the number she had dialled. So very slowly she repeated the first four digits (again, that was a bit condescending!!!), to which I replied y-e-s. Then she started the next two, and I blurted out with "well there you are, you've MISdialled that first digit coz I AM 87, not 77, to which she replied "no, I got that wrong, it IS 87" as she continued with me answering my y-e-s-'s, she actually SAID my whole number It wasn't a mis-dial!!! So I then got very angry!!!!!!! Again, so blooming condescendingly, she retorted that the student has o-b-v-i-o-u-s-l-y given them the wrong number, as if it was kind of "normal" to do that" Yeah right!!!! So I said to her I wanted MY number taken OFF their puter immediately, which she didn't want to do but relented as my voice got louder She ALMOST, but ALMOST, came out with the fact that she would ring this student and ask her for the correct number!!!! Almost, but I stopped her in her tracks coz I'm psychic! Lol! I then told her she should get in touch with this particular student and tell her it would be a good idea to actually KNOW her home phone number if she's going to college, and I also said she's gonna go far in life isn't she, and I finished off with a short, sharp, loud "and don't phone me again thankyou" and put the phone down!!!!! I don't care how much I upset her either. If she had been remotely apologetic she wouldn't have got the special Helen treatment, but she wasn't, she almost made ME feel guilty, so she got both barrells! Why are these youngsters like this??? What has happened to being "sorry" for something that is a mistake made by somebody connected to THEM not ME!!!!!

Moral of this little tale? Do NOT disturb my afternoon nap!!!
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2008, 04:58 PM
LMAO at Special Helen Treatment

I've just e-mailed Galaxy as my bar last night had nuts in it! The blooming cheek, I hate nuts so why put it in exactly the same blooming pack as the nut-free version!
I was not happy. OH is out on his bike right as I type getting me another bar, coz he wants a quiet night.

I still bow to you, oh mistress of the consumer, protector of what is right.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2008, 04:58 PM

and this is the after 50 magical age I am looking forward to?
Bring it on

I always complain when anyone gets hold of my XD number when they shouldn't have it - I get stroppy and say this number is XD and where did you get it? (in my most imperious voice) they always mumble and say some database or other - and I reply with "get it off before I do more than complain to you!" and then I hang up.
Get very few "sales" calls now.

I bet that young whippersnapper is sorry she did call and then behave in such an offhand manner to you!
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2008, 05:04 PM
Class!!!!!!! H you should change your username to Helenagems would be very suitable you know,xxxxxxxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2008, 06:01 PM
Becky STOP!!!!! Before you send that e-mail - coz I have a cunning plan up my sleeve!!!!!

Nuts can cause a very severe allergy, i.e. acute anaphalactic shock (coz I've had it but with a penicillin!) and death can occur within 30 mins if you don't get adrenalin into you!!!! Think woman????!!!! SO, if you haven't already hit the button with that e-mail, you have now got a severe allergy to anything containing NUTS, haven't you??!!!! You have you know!! Mr. Galaxy should be told in no uncertain terms just how much it might have cost him in a law suit, HAD you chosen to eat your bar of his chocolate prior to further investigation of the strange lumps you found in it???? Am I right??? Of course I am, I'm always right as you well know!!!! LMAO!!! Now do another e-mail tute suite! (sp on that???? )

Oh Yes MissE, she's probably made a rather large note to herself on that puter of hers, not to mess with me again, and I feel absolutely sure, positive, that she's deleted my number don't you???!!! Lol!
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2008, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Becky STOP!!!!! Before you send that e-mail - coz I have a cunning plan up my sleeve!!!!!

Nuts can cause a very severe allergy, i.e. acute anaphalactic shock (coz I've had it but with a penicillin!) and death can occur within 30 mins if you don't get adrenalin into you!!!! Think woman????!!!! SO, if you haven't already hit the button with that e-mail, you have now got a severe allergy to anything containing NUTS, haven't you??!!!! You have you know!! Mr. Galaxy should be told in no uncertain terms just how much it might have cost him in a law suit, HAD you chosen to eat your bar of his chocolate prior to further investigation of the strange lumps you found in it???? Am I right??? Of course I am, I'm always right as you well know!!!! LMAO!!! Now do another e-mail tute suite! (sp on that???? )
Now H, that's exactly what Charlie said (you can tell he's his Mother's son - I'm so proud) but I thought that they would say that normal Galaxy has a warning on the side saying the usual 'made in a factory also processing nuts'
so I shouldn't be eating that anyway.

So I've been honest, but now I'm reading the side of my new bar of Nut Free it doesn't blooming say that! So I've missed my chance now!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2008, 06:11 PM
Darn! Glad to see you're bringing him up with a bit of style, class and charisma He'll go far that lad, tell him his Auntie H said so!!!
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2008, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
Now H, that's exactly what Charlie said (you can tell he's his Mother's son - I'm so proud) but I thought that they would say that normal Galaxy has a warning on the side saying the usual 'made in a factory also processing nuts'
so I shouldn't be eating that anyway.

So I've been honest, but now I'm reading the side of my new bar of Nut Free it doesn't blooming say that! So I've missed my chance now!
You should have said - that if you had know it had nuts in it you would have worn your teeth

Helena - never change and seriously think of running for PM cause you would get my vote
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2008, 06:28 PM
If only I could have my time again, that's just what I'd do too Lorna!!!!! Trouble is, it's not till you get older and wiser you can actually be like this!!! Mind you, having said that, Jackie and Becky aren't doing too badly and I've got years on them! Maybe in my next life then Better warn them when H is on her way!!! Maybe Cassie will do that for me!!!!

I was a very shy teen No, honest I WAS!!!!