View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2008, 09:25 PM
My god, Kel, what an experience for you. Lucky it was you that found her and not some weirdo who could have taken advantage.

I hope that her family have learned a few lessons from this!

As for thanking you, I'd have thought they would have had no end of thanks for you!
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2008, 09:43 PM
i found a baby toddling down the road once.phoned the police, they came n collected him.just put him in the back of the police car n drove him home, no thankyou nothing.
i used to get myself lost on purpose, woolworths was a good shop to get lost in, i used to turn on the tears and get lots of sweeties. and the police station it was ice-cream. after a while they got used to me i was 3 at the time. just after i had been explelled from nursery for biting a nun (blush)
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2008, 09:45 PM
Well done, but what a bit of a shock.

When my daughter was about 3 i took her, my son and my mum in this huge store in bristol. My daughter was toddling beside me. We had walked round most of the store like this. Looked down and she had gone, panic struck we looked franticly for her. Went to the security on the door and the told me that they couldn't put an announcement out in case there were any weirdo's in the store as they would know instantly she was on her own. This panicked me even more - they radio'd all members of staff and all went looking for her.

She disapeared for 20 minutes and it was the longest 20 minutes of my life. i can not explain how i felt when i saw this huge security guard walking towards me holding my daughters hand - i just burst into tears and couldn't say enough thank yous to everyone in the shop.,

She was found helping herself to the pic n mix at the other end of the store.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2008, 09:46 PM
Originally Posted by bens mum View Post
i found a baby toddling down the road once.phoned the police, they came n collected him.just put him in the back of the police car n drove him home, no thankyou nothing.
i used to get myself lost on purpose, woolworths was a good shop to get lost in, i used to turn on the tears and get lots of sweeties. and the police station it was ice-cream. after a while they got used to me i was 3 at the time. just after i had been explelled from nursery for biting a nun (blush)
Brilliant! Love it! Especially the last bit.

Damn, why didn't I ever think of getting lost in Woolies when I was wee, turning on the waterworks and getting some of the Pic n' Mix sweets to shut me up.
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2008, 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Brilliant! Love it! Especially the last bit.

Damn, why didn't I ever think of getting lost in Woolies when I was wee, turning on the waterworks and getting some of the Pic n' Mix sweets to shut me up.

Thats soooo funny, as it was Big W (huge woolworths) that i lost my daughter in and she was found by the pic n mix - she was obviously one step ahead of me even at three years old.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2008, 10:20 PM
Well done Hun, what a relief that you saw her, she could of ended up in the wrong hands. Just goes to show how trusting a child is, thank goodness it was you. Your a Star.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2008, 05:20 AM
If not for you, Kel, that could have turned out really nasty for the poor child. Well done honey x0x
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2008, 09:18 AM
I'm sure any of you would have done the same. I just found it a bit odd from such little reactions from her family as i'd have been frantic but maybe just me. Her mum had said 'oh I knew she couldn't have gotten far', but all it would have taken was a someone dodgy in a car seeing her before I did and she could have been taken very far. The wee lamb wasn't in the least bit concerned though bless her wee heart.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2008, 09:26 AM
Originally Posted by bens mum View Post
What are you like!!!!!

(one very smart kid!)
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2008, 10:49 AM
what a very lucky child to be found by you.
Thank heaven you took her under your wing x
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >