Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2014, 05:44 AM

Far too early...

But nothing I can do about that this week so here is a pretty picture to start the day....

From my back door when there was a little snow on the back mountains..

Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2014, 09:51 AM
What a lovely view!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2014, 09:58 AM
Beautiful photo Rosebud. Here's one I took of 'my' mountains yesterday morning (not from my back door unfortunately - had to walk down to the lake to take it).

Takes me half an hour to drive to them and about 40 minutes to get right up on Troodos and now I've had my car serviced I am thinking about bunging Bella in the car and doing just that while the good weather holds.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-02-2014, 11:09 AM
A lovely picture and how good it is to see the mornings and evenings getting lighter
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2014, 11:35 AM
Glorious views there. I wish we had something like that. All I've got is the houses across the road or a garage at the back
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2014, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by Lynne View Post
Glorious views there. I wish we had something like that. All I've got is the houses across the road or a garage at the back
Awww.. I could barely believe it when I viewed the house...The light changes hourly...There are some big rocks at the back so I sit there in summer and knit
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2014, 02:32 PM
Now here is a story . a doggie one. about the photo.

See the wee white dot towards the left?

The trees hide a small group of farm buildings and houses.

When I was first here, there was the terrible noise often all night and in storms of at least one dog howling and screaming non stop. Could hear it through the good double glazing here and it lacerated me.

Realsied after tactful queries that these wer farm dogs tied up in the back field with no shelter and I raised cain. Knew the woman and asked her in town if her dogs were Ok..never saw anyone move so fast

Appparently the man was a drinker and used to roll home around 3 am ( Healy Rae territory) and wake the dogs and of course so far from the house they were oblivious.

Pestered and plagued every agency I could think of to little avail then wrote them a letter, promising private legal action and listing as many ccs as i could think of...

Since when almost total peace so I think the dogs have shelter now..

Hate the way the Irish chain their dogs out at night but that is what is done..

Incidentally it was the colie who was making most noise. I learned he used to go roaming and once came here when the previous tenant had a bitch, so that was the one who came to see that time... scruffy wild looking dog, poor thing. But at least better sheltered than before
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2014, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
Beautiful photo Rosebud. Here's one I took of 'my' mountains yesterday morning (not from my back door unfortunately - had to walk down to the lake to take it).

Takes me half an hour to drive to them and about 40 minutes to get right up on Troodos and now I've had my car serviced I am thinking about bunging Bella in the car and doing just that while the good weather holds.
Oh lovely.. thank you

I am grateful for the view here as I am getting less and less mobile now so all is here for me. When I need a change, so many lovely places here in kerry.. I am so blessed! When I go shopping to Killarney I can choose which way home I drive to see different lakes and mountains...Then come home to this..