Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2014, 10:24 AM

A slap in the face with reality....not to bad

Well on Friday I was at the hospital another appointment about my knee and while I was there I was waiting I saw a older woman walk past me to book in I took no notice and then she went back past again after booking in. Then all of a sudden they called a name I knew and she stood up and went in and I realised the older woman was a good friend from school in fact she married a chap whose best mate I used to date.
A slap in the face of reality I am 50 I could be taken for an "older lady"
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2014, 10:34 AM
It's a wake up call. I have plunged into a pit of despair since my 69th birthday two weeks ago. Use your years wisely now do all the things you wanted to do. I regret not having woken up to it earlier. Good luck to you and your future.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-02-2014, 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Well on Friday I was at the hospital another appointment about my knee and while I was there I was waiting I saw a older woman walk past me to book in I took no notice and then she went back past again after booking in. Then all of a sudden they called a name I knew and she stood up and went in and I realised the older woman was a good friend from school in fact she married a chap whose best mate I used to date.
A slap in the face of reality I am 50 I could be taken for an "older lady"
Don't worry Kazz I am in my sixties and someone I know thought I was 70 and I feel 90

I don't think it matters really, we are who we are however we look.

I hope your knee is ok.

One crumb of comfort, I sometimes see people on TV I haven't seen for years
and am shocked to see how they have aged. It comes to us all.
At least my wrinkles are genuine I don't have old eyes and a turkey neck attached to a tight expressionless mask of skin.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2014, 10:45 AM
Here in Ireland being 70 seems to be another of those great watersheds...there are more free things and more Social Welfare things when you reach the three score years and ten. And a respect for old age.

has to be some compenastion for reduced mobility..
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2014, 10:47 AM
Yes Meg, but how do we stop the clock from this speeding up that nobody seems to have noticed. When we were kids days spread out before us for ages to do lots of things we wanted to do and now we struggle to get half of what we want to do done before another month has gone. Sorry I did warn I am in a pit of despair at the moment. Trouble is I do not look nearly 70 in fact it surprises people when I say I am 69! Oh well cela' vie!
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2014, 10:47 AM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
It's a wake up call. I have plunged into a pit of despair since my 69th birthday two weeks ago. Use your years wisely now do all the things you wanted to do. I regret not having woken up to it earlier. Good luck to you and your future.

I know; will be 71 soon

But please no regrets as they waste precious energy

Now I see things differently and all I want to do is more for others as I truly have all I need now.. It is the babies who matter.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2014, 10:50 AM
Respect for old age Rosebud, Que? I do not think they know what it is here, you're just a bldy nuisance in the South East if you are over 65. But they still tax you!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-02-2014, 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Yes Meg, but how do we stop the clock from this speeding up that nobody seems to have noticed. When we were kids days spread out before us for ages to do lots of things we wanted to do and now we struggle to get half of what we want to do done before another month has gone. Sorry I did warn I am in a pit of despair at the moment. Trouble is I do not look nearly 70 in fact it surprises people when I say I am 69! Oh well cela' vie!
...its terrible isn't it how time seems to speed up when we get older .

Don't be in despair Moyra that is wasting precious moments with negativity , time is to short for that. xx
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2014, 10:53 AM
That's nice sentiment Rosebud. But not if you have no youngsters around you! My only granddaughter was 13 the other day and I have only seen her about 10 times in her life time. I send her money for her birthday and Christmas and I get the odd letter of thanks or even some flowers Christmas but it does not make up for not seeing her.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2014, 10:54 AM
Meg, you are so right and I am hoping to move house and change my life if only it will happen!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >