Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
TJCeeJay
Dogsey Junior
Male 

23-02-2014, 04:19 AM

That turned out better than I expected!

Hiya all! The weather was starting to clear this morning; so I decided to set up my video camera on a 1 second interval time lapse, looking out across the channel. I was hoping to catch the clouds break up and clear away, but I didn't expect to see the snow on the island disappear like magic. It was pretty cool to watch! Of course, what takes a couple minutes on time lapse, actually took 2+ hours in reality. But, being as it was something I'd never seen before I figured I'd turn it into a YouTube video and share it with my family and friends. A fishing boat also showed up during the recording; and when it left it was the perfect way to end the video. (Thank you fishing boat people!)

And well, friends; here it is!

The disappearing snow is something that one would never ever notice in real time; but it sure made for a neat time lapse video! (Took me a month of fiddling around with the settings on the video camera, but I think I got it now!)

Cheers!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2014, 06:19 AM
vid belongs to sacem & umpi

blocked in my country on copyright grounds
TJCeeJay
Dogsey Junior
Male 

23-02-2014, 06:39 AM
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
vid belongs to sacem & umpi

blocked in my country on copyright grounds
Dang! I'll have to repost it without the soundtrack. I added a song from Loreena McKennit, and I was afraid that it might get blocked.

Ah well, give me a couple hours, and I'll repost the link.

Thanks for letting me know!

Cheers!
TJCeeJay
Dogsey Junior
Male 

23-02-2014, 07:18 AM
There we go! All better now! Well, the music isn't better, but at least it won't be blocked anywhere anymore. (I chose a YouTube freely available song to replace Loreena McKennit's Whispering Pines I had used originally.) New soundtrack sounds okay, but not as nice as Whispering Pines!

Thanky!

(Edit) Looks like the original link goes to the video with the changed soundtrack too. No need to watch both!

Cheers!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2014, 09:44 AM
I'm honoured that you went to the trouble to find out why and fix it so I can now watch this - looking forward to it.]

Thank you!

Watched it now - fantastic. And who'd a thought that boat would come along right on cue for a wonderful ending!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2014, 11:11 AM
I was there, I mean reeeeeally there, be it for only a few minutes, but I WAS there..........and now I'm off to do the ironing and get back to reality lol!

Thanks for the calmness you brought over me for a few moments there TJ. I love your pics and videos, please keep 'em coming.