Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2004, 09:56 AM

our walk

just thought id let you know how my walk with indie went the other day. It wasnt raining, but it was wet and muddy up the common. Anyway, had her on stretchy lead as normal, but everytime she saw something, or just fancied pulling, i couldnt actually stop, the floor was so slippery that i was just skiing along the floor OH thought it was very amusing cos i almost fell flat on my face on a number of occasions!

Indie is gettng so strong now! if she pulls she really goes for it and i struggle to hold her back does anyone else have this problem?

luckily shes very good when we are walking out near the road.. most of the time. And on the common we let her run about since we dont get a chance to go up there much... but she doesnt half pul me about when she sees another dog or somethin.

On the bright side, we did bump into a woman with 3 newfoundlands and a golden retriever they are huge! the newfoundlands i mean. Ive seen photos but i never realised they were so huge. she had 2 on lead and couldnt handle them that well, the other 2 were off lead. indie loved em, altho they just stood there. lol.
We also came across 2 GSD's, one was kept onlead cos he was too boistrous apparently and the other one came leaping over to indie. she loved him, unfortunetly i have to keep her on lead and she was gradually tying him up with the stretchy lead since she runs under his legs and jumps over him.lol. In the end she has it wrapped round his leg and he was yelping. oops. the owner didnt seem to notice tho. For some reason indie really loves gsd's. She has never had a bad thing to bark at them about. Whereas she has a thing about some dogs, but never gsd's.

oops... jus realised how long this post is
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2004, 10:36 AM
staffys are incredibly strong for their size
Have you tried her on a harness Jenny?
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

13-11-2004, 01:46 PM
I use the slow comman with Rocky!

Bet it was fun tho, did it feel like snowboarding?
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2004, 01:50 PM
I don't have that problem anymore with Jas, I give his lead a short, sharp tug and the 'watch' command and he's fine

Did fall down the hill this morning mind with my MIL's dog
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2004, 02:06 PM
Oh wow Jenny

that was some walk u had.....

OMG Nae.... Did u hurt yourself?
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2004, 02:21 PM
Nah only my pride was hurt J

She got a bit over excited to see me and ran into the back of my legs and sent me flying. She did sit there head down and her top lip curled back grinning at me so we had a good game of chase for 10 minutes then I took her home
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2004, 02:37 PM
I agree, try using a harness!
Staffords are very strong powerful dogs
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2004, 02:42 PM
yeh i used to use a harness, but she learnt to pull harder with it... and shes an escape artist too and escapes from it
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2004, 02:44 PM
What about a halti?

If she was escaping from the harness, it was probs too big jen
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2004, 02:49 PM
well,, as much as i loved the idea of the halit and all.. our walk was rather embarrasing seeing as i jus had to drag indie along the floor whilst she was performing death rolls ]

I may try it again, but we dont get very far.. she jus rolls about on the floor pawing at her face tryin to get it off. have i mentioned shes an escape artist

when i bought the harness for her, we tried it on her in the shop. and its quite tight on her.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >