View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2014, 08:52 PM

How long did it take you to find your house?

Just wondering how long it took from wanting a house/new house, to finding the one you then bought/rented
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2014, 09:26 PM
We rented for the first seven years after we got married,looked at five or six houses in that time but didn't go for any of them.Saved like mad,and then this development was advertised,exactly where we wanted to be Had a good deposit to put down by then and we've been here( very happily) for 16 years
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2014, 11:45 PM
I usually find a suitable house very quickly because we always knock 'em to bits and change 'em round anyway so it's more the area I look for and house type.

Selling is always a problem though especially when you've seen a house you want and can't sell fast enough to get it
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2014, 06:05 PM
It took me over 18years. But was certainly worth the wait for the area I live in now.
Mattie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-01-2014, 08:51 PM
It took me nearly 2 years to sell my house, I put it up for sale about a week before the price dropped out of them, once I sold it I soon found another.

I knew what I wanted, a 3 bed ex Council house, and wanted to get away from the area were the hospital was so moved to Huddersfield. Ex Council houses are better built than private houses and are in a lower Council tax band, mine is band A. The rooms are a reasonable size and are easy to heat, my other house was open plan and cost a fortune to heat, I would never get an open plan house again even if they are popular. They also have gardens that are a decent size without being too big.
SneaksyWhippet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-01-2014, 04:39 PM
I finally decided to move during the second week of September.

By 16th Sept I'd found the house I wanted to buy, made an offer and appointed an estate agent for selling my house.

By the next day I'd had a viewer who was pre-registered with my EA.

Over the next week I had 12 further viewings of my house.

By 27th Sept I'd accepted an offer on my house and had my offer accepted on the house I wanted to buy.

We completed on 20th December.

I had been researching (and receiving Rightmove alerts) for the area I wanted to buy for quite some time; I knew what properties were available, how often they came up and what prices were like. Therefore I knew when the one I bought came up that it was just what I wanted.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2014, 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by SneaksyWhippet View Post
I finally decided to move during the second week of September.

By 16th Sept I'd found the house I wanted to buy, made an offer and appointed an estate agent for selling my house.

By the next day I'd had a viewer who was pre-registered with my EA.

Over the next week I had 12 further viewings of my house.

By 27th Sept I'd accepted an offer on my house and had my offer accepted on the house I wanted to buy.

We completed on 20th December.

I had been researching (and receiving Rightmove alerts) for the area I wanted to buy for quite some time; I knew what properties were available, how often they came up and what prices were like. Therefore I knew when the one I bought came up that it was just what I wanted.
All the very best in your new home
SneaksyWhippet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-01-2014, 05:37 PM
Thank you very much. There's a LOT of work to do but it's getting there