Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2009, 03:16 PM
hiya

terrible for all concerned, have to say though that i dont think the dog would get PTS, although it woudl be good if the owner could get some err training to show him what he is doing to his dog and that it will end up getting PTS if it carries on.

i am seeing this from a slightly different point of view as Bruno has previously got out ( 2 weeks fater we got him) and ran onto the street and "attacked " a JRT, however it was 2 seconds as I was on his tail as had seen him bolt and managed to get him just as he was giving it a shake and I got him to release it... It was very traumatising for the owner of the dog but she stormed off and didnt even let me apologise OR check her dog infront of me. i chased after her after putting bruno in the house but couldnt find her.. She later posted a vet bill and a pretty nasty letter through the door, i paid the bill and sent her a very nice letter back explaining bruno's history and basically why i wasnt a bad owner. She had threatened to report me for having a dangerous dog and had said that she was covered in bruises from him?? but i know he didnt touch her so was very narked off by that...

However I was very nice and said she was perfectly within her rights to go to police and i supplied her my name and address and phone number etc - incidentally i never heard from her and the vet bill was for a couple of steristrips as think bruno just caught the dog in the scruff.

Anyway the reason for my digress is that things can just happen, but the reaction of the bloke suggests he doesnt really care-perhaps it will give him a kick up the bum to lead his dog though as its not nice seeing a dog fight - did the guy just walk away ???

oh and i dont think you do get white yorkies -
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2009, 03:29 PM
Anyway the reason for my digress is that things can just happen,
Yeah, but this guy was walking his dog down the street off the lead on purpose. I'm guessing you wouldn't do that with your dog.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2009, 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Yeah, but this guy was walking his dog down the street off the lead on purpose. I'm guessing you wouldn't do that with your dog.
it certainly sounds like he was and yes i would NEVER do this now with Bruno, but perhaps this dog has never attacked before etc ( as elaine did say that the owner of the white fluffy as yet undetermined breed had told the bloke that her dog was "a bit of a nark" so perhaps that set the staffy off - so i am just trying to play devils advocate i suppose. NOt excusing it but just saying it could have been a total accident. Just trying to say that not every young bloke with a staffie is a numptie thats all...

lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

11-03-2009, 03:45 PM
That is real scary and I do hope the little dog will be okay.

Could it have been a Maltese or a Havanese casuse both these come in white.

Comforting cuddles to you as you must haver got a reaL scare.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2009, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
Just trying to say that not every young bloke with a staffie is a numptie thats all...

I can vouch for that - my brother has Tilly now and he is totally responsible. Mind you, he wouldn't walk her down the street off lead because it's illegal.

It must have been really scary, I've seen how staffies can be (although not an out and out fight). It's such a shame that this has happened because the owners of the other dog will probably hate all SBTs now.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2009, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
hiya

terrible for all concerned, have to say though that i dont think the dog would get PTS, although it woudl be good if the owner could get some err training to show him what he is doing to his dog and that it will end up getting PTS if it carries on.

i am seeing this from a slightly different point of view as Bruno has previously got out ( 2 weeks fater we got him) and ran onto the street and "attacked " a JRT, however it was 2 seconds as I was on his tail as had seen him bolt and managed to get him just as he was giving it a shake and I got him to release it... It was very traumatising for the owner of the dog but she stormed off and didnt even let me apologise OR check her dog infront of me. i chased after her after putting bruno in the house but couldnt find her.. She later posted a vet bill and a pretty nasty letter through the door, i paid the bill and sent her a very nice letter back explaining bruno's history and basically why i wasnt a bad owner. She had threatened to report me for having a dangerous dog and had said that she was covered in bruises from him?? but i know he didnt touch her so was very narked off by that...

However I was very nice and said she was perfectly within her rights to go to police and i supplied her my name and address and phone number etc - incidentally i never heard from her and the vet bill was for a couple of steristrips as think bruno just caught the dog in the scruff.

Anyway the reason for my digress is that things can just happen, but the reaction of the bloke suggests he doesnt really care-perhaps it will give him a kick up the bum to lead his dog though as its not nice seeing a dog fight - did the guy just walk away ???

oh and i dont think you do get white yorkies -
Yea he just walked away after I gave him a mouth ful that is thing is, your dog got out, that was an accident, this dog was being walked....off leash It's always young lads with Staffies....always!!!! (Well round where I live anyway) what is it with lads? why do they have this urge to own a staffie? Does it think it makes them look 'ard, If I wanted to look 'ard I would get a f****n big Rottie or a Shepherd. they look well 'ard....arder than a Staffie
Elaine xx
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2009, 03:50 PM
Originally Posted by lovezois View Post
That is real scary and I do hope the little dog will be okay.

Could it have been a Maltese or a Havanese casuse both these come in white.

Comforting cuddles to you as you must haver got a reaL scare.
Will ask about the breed next time I see the owner What am I like....little ball of white fluff
Elaine xx
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2009, 03:50 PM
Just trying to say that not every young bloke with a staffie is a numptie thats all...
Perhaps not, but if I saw some young lad with a Staffie off lead on the pavement, I'd cross over to the other side...I assume anyone who let's their dog of any breed off lead along the pavement isn't the most responsible or caring of owners.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2009, 03:53 PM
What am I like....little ball of white fluff
White ball of flufff....

?
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2009, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
.I assume anyone who let's their dog of any breed off lead along the pavement isn't the most responsible or caring of owners.

I hate seeing off lead dogs on pavements. People do it here on a main road with HGVs going past
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »