Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2005, 01:22 PM

wee smells

ive looked high and low and cant find a post about how to get the smell of wee out of the carpet. I know theres been tons of them too
Anyway, 'someone' had an accident last night. Ive soaked up all the wee with tissue, ive used a bob martin no stains odour thing, but it didnt work and now the bottle is empty.
Ive used shake n vac on the carpet and all i can smell is wee! Whats best to use to neutralise the smell forever! and where do i get it from.

thanks
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2005, 01:26 PM
A solution of bio-washing powder? It's supposed to work.
Or just lots of plain water, blotted up, so the wee gets more and more diluted every time you spray/blot, spray/blot?
Tomato juice if it won't stain the carpet (you'd need to try it out on a bit under the sofa first - no good getting rid of the wee smell and then getting a nice red stain instead!)

Good luck. Someone will be along with the definitive answer soon!
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2005, 01:31 PM
what do u mean a solution of bio washing powder?
i use those weird bubble things with soap in them that dissolve in the wash
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2005, 01:36 PM
Nah - just a few grains of powder dissolved in half a cup of warm water
Archaeopath
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-07-2005, 01:39 PM
Who's this "someone" then??

I agree with the biological washing powder - you need the enzymes to remove the smell, which aren't in non-bio stuff.

Becs
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2005, 01:44 PM
lol@becs!!jenny the washing powder works and bicarbonate of soda dissolved is supposed to but ive never tried it!! dissolve it if youre using it to mop the floor or sprinkle it on carpet and shampoo off !!
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2005, 01:45 PM
Originally Posted by Jenny
ive looked high and low and cant find a post about how to get the smell of wee out of the carpet. I know theres been tons of them too
Anyway, 'someone' had an accident last night. Ive soaked up all the wee with tissue, ive used a bob martin no stains odour thing, but it didnt work and now the bottle is empty.
Ive used shake n vac on the carpet and all i can smell is wee! Whats best to use to neutralise the smell forever! and where do i get it from.

thanks

I think I remeber someone saying about bicarb or something sprinkled on then hoovered off after?

Mo
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-07-2005, 01:54 PM
If the wee is on a large scale-you may want to consider hiring a steam cleaner.My old Rottie Abe had an accident-twice infact from his bum end and lounge carpet was covered in diarohea (Sorry,i know its graphic!). :smt078

No amount of washing powder,1001 or Vanish would remove the smell and only the steam cleaner i borrowed from friend would get rid of it.Steam cleaners dont soak the carpet like wet washers and the hot steam kills off the bacteria which makes the smell.When dry (normally a few hours in summer)-hoover it thoroughly to remove dirt particles which would have been lifted from carpet.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2005, 01:58 PM
Try And Get As Much Out As Pos Jen ..then Sprinkle Bicarb On The Carpet ..leave An Hr Then Hoover Up ........works A Treat
IanIOW
Dogsey Senior
Male 

03-07-2005, 02:07 PM
Bi carbonate of Soda should do the trick. I had a lot of frozen tripe in my car and some of the packs started to defrost and the juice ran out and bicarb was the only thing that got rid of the smell that i tried. Might be worth sprinkling down last thing at night then hoovering in the morning...Cheers..Ian..
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >