Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2009, 06:57 AM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Hmmmm, can the cynic in me suggest that it's very unlikely they will admit if the poor girl died as a result of the vaccine. It would cause an uproar and panic amongst those who had already had the vaccine.

It's so coincidental.
I agree with you there Pidge. Although I am for the vaccine there will be those that unfortunatly do have a reaction to it, like every type of medication or jab. We are all different in how things affect us.
Its just like I believe they have covered up the bad effects of the MMR jab but thats a whole new topic.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2009, 08:01 AM
Hmmmm, can the cynic in me suggest that it's very unlikely they will admit if the poor girl died as a result of the vaccine. It would cause an uproar and panic amongst those who had already had the vaccine.

It's so coincidental.
I must admit this cross my mind, but then I dismissed it.

It is very coincidental and as far as I am aware, they are not saying that the injection had nothing to do with the death - just that it wasn't the cause. So for example, the injection (or possibly even the process of being injected if she was scared of needles for example) could have triggered whatever her underlying health problem was.

But the risks of trying to cover it up if it really was just down to the vaccine are too great. It would come out sometime in the future that this was the cause and if they had knowingly carried on giving the vaccine to other children without revealing the truth and more girls died, I think there is a good chance that they (the ones who made the decision) could be charged with murder/corporate manslaughter (whatever the appropraite offence is).
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2009, 11:31 AM

It's so coincidental.
They will never admit it, in Australia there have been some girls that have had very bad reactions to it and more than one die after having it. It is all "underlying conditions". I am sorry but I have an underlying condition called living
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2009, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by Emrad View Post
They will never admit it, in Australia there have been some girls that have had very bad reactions to it and more than one die after having it. It is all "underlying conditions". I am sorry but I have an underlying condition called living
I'm inclined to agree with you. Poor girl and her poor family, my heart goes out to them. I couldn't bear for that to happen.

Some people will react very badly to vaccines but often, it is the less serious side effects, occuring very quickly following the vaccine that are given credence.

For interest, vaccines are generally not tested for carcinogenic or mutagenic potential:

The EMEA Note for Guidance on preclinical pharmalogical and toxicological testing of vaccines - top of page 4:
http://www.emea.europa.eu/pdfs/human/swp/046595en.pdf

Vaccines are big business in these times, with a lack of blockbuster drugs .
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2009, 04:24 PM
I work in a hospice with people who are dying from cancer (as well as some people with other terminal illness). So yes, I would go ahead with the jab (especially as cervical cancer runs in my family).

I sometimes think the media finds a link and runs with it just to stir everyone up. If there was a problem with the vaccine, surely there would have been more cases of mortality associated with it?
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2009, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by Sarah27 View Post
I work in a hospice with people who are dying from cancer (as well as some people with other terminal illness). So yes, I would go ahead with the jab (especially as cervical cancer runs in my family).

I sometimes think the media finds a link and runs with it just to stir everyone up. If there was a problem with the vaccine, surely there would have been more cases of mortality associated with it?
my problem with the vaccine system is it fails to take into account people who are more sensitive to vaccines ( runing in family etc) or for people whose immune systems are perhaps more compromised for some reason or another. By saying that there was underlying health issues - worryingly then why was she given the vaccine without more consideration for these ( ie: under hospital conditions) if their was underlying health issues - thus that being the case how much research has been done into the vaccine safety with relation to people with "underlying" health issues ( that could be something as simple as asthma or excema ??)

But that compromises the immune system thus making it more vulnerable.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2009, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
my problem with the vaccine system is it fails to take into account people who are more sensitive to vaccines ( runing in family etc) or for people whose immune systems are perhaps more compromised for some reason or another. By saying that there was underlying health issues - worryingly then why was she given the vaccine without more consideration for these ( ie: under hospital conditions) if their was underlying health issues - thus that being the case how much research has been done into the vaccine safety with relation to people with "underlying" health issues ( that could be something as simple as asthma or excema ??)

But that compromises the immune system thus making it more vulnerable.
Yes, like the mitochondrial disease issue.

You might be interested in this article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-worries.html

The following (from the above article) is something I have already heard concerns about:

"For instance, the jabs Cervarix and Gardasil only prevent a fraction of the number of viruses that can lead to cervical cancer. In truth, by suppressing those particular viruses they may encourage the growth of others in their place."

Apparently a second girl from the same school became ill:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...vical-jab.html

It's so hard, all we can do is arm ourselves with as many facts and research on each vaccine and disease and make the best decisions we can for ourselves and families.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2009, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Yes, like the mitochondrial disease issue.

You might be interested in this article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-worries.html

The following (from the above article) is something I have already heard concerns about:

"For instance, the jabs Cervarix and Gardasil only prevent a fraction of the number of viruses that can lead to cervical cancer. In truth, by suppressing those particular viruses they may encourage the growth of others in their place."

Apparently a second girl from the same school became ill:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...vical-jab.html

It's so hard, all we can do is arm ourselves with as many facts and research on each vaccine and disease and make the best decisions we can for ourselves and families.
oh my word that 2nd article made me so angry. The mother is saying how serious it is etc. etc. yet the girl didn't go to hospital because she was frightened of ambulances...so the mother picked her up and took her home????? Shouldn't she have taken her to the hospital if the girl would not go by ambulance? i'm damn sure I would have.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2009, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
oh my word that 2nd article made me so angry. The mother is saying how serious it is etc. etc. yet the girl didn't go to hospital because she was frightened of ambulances...so the mother picked her up and took her home????? Shouldn't she have taken her to the hospital if the girl would not go by ambulance? i'm damn sure I would have.
Yep! I'd have had her there like a shot!
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2009, 06:03 PM
We have received communication from the school that the vaccination will not take place on Friday. I don't know the reason for the delay, I suspect it is to arrange new deliveries of vaccine if they had th batch was being recalled.....It gives us a little breathing space at least.
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >