Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Annaw
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-12-2008, 11:20 PM

Coughing Dog AGAIN!!!!!!!!

I think most of you already know the story of my 12 year old collie cross.
Well she has been on Vetmedin and water tablets for almost 3 weeks now .At first she was like a new dog and I was so relieved. But the last few days she has been lethargic , coughing almost as much as before , leaking and today she had a bit of a wobble..she didn't quite faint.
Should there have been improvement or am I asking for too much too soon ??
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-12-2008, 11:41 PM
Hi Anna The degree of improvement will to some extent be dependant on the severity of the condition, also the medication may need adjusting to get the optimum dose.

If I remember correctly you said your girl has a grade 6 heart murmur. I think I mentioned to you before this is not good .
Try to spend a little extra time with her and enjoy each day your have together...xxx
michele44
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-12-2008, 08:49 PM
hi anna
sorry to read your upsett, my staffy roxy is 14 and on vetmedin... water tablets and seroids, when she 1st went on vetmedin... it was like a miracle!!!! no hacking etc...but it didnt last long, she as good days and not so good days.
she sleeps most of the day and the steroids make her hungry so she eats well..ask your vet about steroids they are great... and it wont hurt under tha circumstances,
but i am going through the same... and not sure how long roxy will be with us we play it day to day... keep us informed... i wish you both well xxx