Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
HiHoSilver
Dogsey Senior
Male 

02-05-2011, 07:55 PM

Wet Weather Blues

Perhaps a more appropriate title would be Wet Weather Browns...

Unusually for this country we've just had a glorious three weeks of uninterrupted (except for night time of course ) sunshine.

The dogs loved it.They were spending 12 hours a day outside lolling about on the straw I spread on the concrete for that purpose.They have their own doggy door so it's always up to them where they catch their 4000000 winks..

It all ended today though - absolutely bucketing down all day and cold too - and the kids are not happy campers.

The young longdog has always been unreliable in the matter of toileting when it rains.He doesn't mind cold or snow but rain = poop in the utility room.All of the others though would just grit their teeth for a rapid scoot outside and a painfully hurried relief stop.

Today however there has been a very clear protest about the weather conditions from what appears to be a little more than half of the pack.

It feels as if I'm surgically attached to the scoop and the mop,it's worse than it was when the guest cats arrived!

They've NEVER done this before!The only reason I can think of for this sudden departure from etiquette is the abruptness of the weather change.

Most odd,not at all pleasant and I hope they return to their senses soon!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2011, 10:57 PM
Well Hiho I hope you keep the rain down there and dont send it northwards Beautiful day up here. I even got my nearly 90 year old mother out to sit in the sun for half an hour. The dogs had bones and stayed out on the grass for a while - being white dont let them out for hours on end.

Awful part of rain at this time of year is that darn grass grows!!!

Hope the sun shines tomorrow for you even if its a bit watery after all the rain today
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2011, 05:52 AM
Poor you. Isn't Ireland famous for it's rain? It's what makes it so lush.......

youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2011, 06:28 AM
No rain here looks like another warm one.

Mind you our fields where the ponies are could do with a watering I must say Im sure it will come here eventually
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-05-2011, 07:13 AM
I am so so pleased that it rained here yesterday so if you have any more send it this way
HiHoSilver
Dogsey Senior
Male 

03-05-2011, 11:13 AM
I don't mind the rain.the fields needed it! What's getting into the dogs is a mystery though!
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2011, 11:34 AM
Send the rain to Essex!!!! Place is starting to look like something like parts of the Arizona Desert!! Horses are struggling to breathe everything is so dry, not to mention my hay bills have rocketed as there is no grass left
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2011, 12:16 PM
It's the same down South, we hadn't had any rain until the week-end, and then it was just a couple of showers overnight, nothing much. The grass verges are already brown and it's only just May That normally doesn't happen until August or even September

Plenty of fresh, long spring grass out in the fields though so the horses are ok, but I dread to think what your hay situation will be like this year if it carries on! I remember one year it went up to £10 a bale down here

Can't understand about your dogs HiHo, but maybe being outdoors all the time, they got used to just getting up and forgot how to ask you to let them outside perhaps? Might be worth a day of praising them when they've been out and giving them a little treat, just to jog their memories. Poor you and that bootroom with the mop!