Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chillipepper175
New Member!
Female 

05-11-2013, 06:54 PM

Sick dog unsteady on her feet

My sons dog Lilly seem to be unsteady on her paws an not able to stand for long like she is going to collapse backwards. She keeps looking at her backed but not doing anything like licking or anything. She not wanting to be hugged just lie down. She has drank milk and eaten a little but not a lot. I took her out and she was running about fine but come back in and she's the same. I have phoned the vets and the pdsa for advise but they were no help at all.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2013, 06:57 PM
Poor dog, I hope she improves.
Didn't the vet give any advice at all?

Welcome to Dogsey by the way. It might be a good idea to ask some questions in the health section.
muddymoodymoo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-11-2013, 06:59 PM
What exactly did the vet and PDSA say? Would they not be better qualified to offer advice than we are?

How old is Lily?
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2013, 07:00 PM
Welcome to Dogsey. Most of us just pop in here to say welcome. Please post your concerns in the appropriate section of the forum as Nippy suggests - Dog Health or whatever.

*just my personal opinion but I wouldn't be giving milk to a dog regularly anyway and certainly not if I thought they were 'ill'. Water would be better.

I can hardly BELIEVE the vet wouldn't give any advice - they could at the very least suggested you bring her in for them to have a look at her? If they didn't I would CHANGE VETS.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2013, 07:06 PM
Hello, and poor Lily............perhaps the PDSA and the vet did not have enough to go on to give advice, and we certainly cannot here.

However, do you have more details such as her age and background and when she started to become unsteady etc. Has she been wormed regularly, and is she doing anything else out of character?

Sorry for the inquisition, but with so few details it is hard for anyone to point you in the right direction.

Big cuddles for her anyway.
Strangechilde
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-11-2013, 07:11 PM
Cuddles indeed, to both of you! But yes, more information would be helpful, the more the better. Not necessarily for us-- more for you to think about and tell your vet.
What breed is Lilly? A full Staffie or a mix?
What size is she? What's her weight? I know Staffies are quite variable in this department. Is she at a good weight for her?
What does she normally eat?
Does she have any allergies, or does she show any sensitivity to anything you know about?
When she doesn't want to be hugged, can you notice any places where she is particularly sensitive?
Does she drag her paws at all?
Does she sleep well? How about breathing?
Anything you can note will be helpful to a vet. It could be something simple or it may need more investigation. Unsteadiness on the feet could come from any number of things-- as simple as a wrench to the spine that will fix itself after a while, to arthritis or cruciate ligament angst, that will take a lot more time and intervention to fix. The best you can do now is observe and keep her as comfortable as possible. Keep us posted!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2013, 01:17 PM
I'm very sorry to hear this - if it were me, I'd make an appointment with the vets and get them to examine her. Good luck and I hope she will be okay.
jayneybabe15
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-11-2013, 01:28 PM
hi there,i would ring the vets and ask for an appointment for a checkup and let them have a good look at her,it may be nothing but it would put your sons mind at rest,you dont state how old lily is?hope shes ok..keep us posted
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-11-2013, 01:51 PM
As the OP has not been back in over two weeks, I do hope poor Lilly is OK now.
muddymoodymoo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-11-2013, 07:19 PM
I suppose they expected a diagnosis from us, not suggestions to take the dog to vets.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >