Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by Holly-Rosee View Post
LABRADORK are you getting yours off MR D B if so i'm already hoping to have a look at the babies

ros
I am indeed!

That would be great if you did.
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2009, 07:54 AM
Due to our dogs being working dogs, me and my OH have 5, soon to be 6! Technically though, only Misty is mine, although I could fight with him over Midge and Tilly (the new one) as they both came to live with him while I was living with him!!

The jump from 3 to 4, wasn't really that bad, as Misty was seperate from the kennels dogs at first, so I did them as normal! The jump from 4 to 5, wasn't that bad either, I just had to be strategic with who was out in the house at any one time (Midge loathes Misty!!!!)

The jump from 5 to 6 might be a bit of a shock as it's adding a whole extra walk onto my day and it takes me 2-3 hours to do the dogs as it is! Misty & Gracie get walked, then Hamish & Charlie get walked, then Midge gets a lead walk, and Tilly will need a lead walk too! The only difference being is that everytime Tilly goes in the garden she will have to be on a lead, where as Midge can go out without a lead, but supervised!

Next year, our numbers should increase again, from 6 to either 7 or 8! This is due to my OH saying I can have a lab pup to work along side Misty, and he will probably get a terrier pup!

We are fortunate in that his bosses pay for all our dog food and vets bills because they see the dogs as 'tools' that help the keepers do their jobs!!
SibeVibe
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-06-2009, 10:15 AM
When our first sibes passed away at a grand old age we spent the next year settling a pack of rescue dogs in. One of the hardest things we have ever done but soooo worth it now. They are a ritulized happy family, bonded and familiar with each other.

Now that everyone knows their place we can get on with fostering again. BUT NOT KEEPING ANY. Sorry did I shout that

Hope everyone is well.

Seoniad
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2009, 08:30 PM
we have 2 currently - nice number - if they played together..... but they dont

we have had 3 which i loved having more dogs.... hard sometimes as they all had differnt needs - millie needed long walks, nick not so much and sam recovering froma stroke - hard work.......

by the time i will get another dog.... millie will be 6ish... and i cant imagine her every grown up.... so i wouldnt mind getting a pup again then (After uni etc).... but then again depends on how my mum feels about it - as if we loose nic i recon ml will be lost and we might get one then... who knows!!

summarising - twos a nice number - but if they all gelled well and had the same needs etc - 3/4 would be fab
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6