Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2009, 09:23 AM

Where has your dog got stuck?

Poor Tilly last night! we were woken about 4am by howling screams, rushed downstairs and Tilly had got her back leg stuck under the radiator in the hall!
She sleeps in her bed in the hall & often gets out and lays on the cold floor when it's warm - well I think she must have stretched & then turned & got her leg jammed under the pipe. It didn't take long to get her out. Hub comforted her whilst I turned her back over & she slid it out, she was really spooked though & wet herself.
She was quite restless the rest of the night poor thing
She's fine now though!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2009, 09:33 AM
So glad she is Ok, it does give them a shock doesn't it

Bruce fell down into a ditch the other week over Sutton Park, but to be fair no-one could see it as it was covered with grass, mind you he did look funny trying to get out his bum got stuck
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2009, 09:35 AM
In the hedge!!

Murphy regularly sticks his head through the hedge/fence and has memorably got it stuck in some trellis.... he backed out of the hedge with a 6ft long trellis panel round his neck
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2009, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
In the hedge!!

Murphy regularly sticks his head through the hedge/fence and has memorably got it stuck in some trellis.... he backed out of the hedge with a 6ft long trellis panel round his neck
Please tell me you have photographic evidence of this??

The only place Monty ever gets stuck is to the sofa or our bed!
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2009, 10:11 AM
Originally Posted by esmed View Post
Please tell me you have photographic evidence of this??

The only place Monty ever gets stuck is to the sofa or our bed!
Sadly not, due to the fact that a) he was quite distressed about the whole thing and b) we both nearly wet ourselves laughing and couldn't have taken a picture without dropping the camera!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2009, 10:15 AM
Parker managed to jam his leg in a hole in the frame work of the van. Managed to get him free and no sign of any injury fortunately. Have had a few dogs in the past that got stuck down a variety of animal holes and have had to dig out after guestimating where they were in relation to the entrance! Longest was 7 hrs down a badger sett which of course I couldn't dig without permission. Fortunately he made his own way out! They told me to leave him for 48 hours before they'd issue a licence to dig him out
Becky
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2009, 10:48 AM
Kismet did the same thing with the radiator in my bedroom when she was a puppy, scared the hell out of both of us!

Poor Selkie is fascinated with the gap between the conservatory and the fence.. She used to regularly get stuck down there. I have now completely blocked it up, but the Ivy grows rampant and every year I have to unblock it to pull the Ivy down, if she sees it unblocked she's straight down there and stuck again.. never learns!

Pharaoh once got stuck on a rock at the beach when the tide came in... he refused to jump in to swim back. Freezing cold day.. Muggins here had to wade over and carry him back!
BigBearsRule
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-06-2009, 10:57 AM
Poor Selkie is fascinated with the gap between the conservatory and the fence.. She used to regularly get stuck down there. I have now completely blocked it up, but the Ivy grows rampant and every year I have to unblock it to pull the Ivy down, if she sees it unblocked she's straight down there and stuck again.. never learns!

My Lola tries that trick to, except our neighbours have a conservatory next to ours, so I am unable to put a fence all the way to the wall.
To see a big Newfi pup stuck down the gap is strange sight. Hopefully one day soon she will be too big to get in!
daneman
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-06-2009, 11:21 AM
Hi ,we used to have a great dane 1 day she decided to walk
across to see my wife on the other side of the canal.
Before i knew it she was half way across a lock then started to panic good job it was full just managed to grab her collar and haul her out all 9 stone of her.
RIP SADIE.
MICK.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 12:05 AM
jake got his wee head stuck in an empty crisp packet and ran around the house shaking his head to get it off, was funny. doesnt stop him doing it again though lol.

sam once got stuck on a log in the middle of a river. he loved swimming but one day swam out a tad too far and clambered on a log and must have been to tired to swim back. i had to shout on him for ages to coax him back but didnt work. was thinking i would have to swim and get him but luckily he took the plunge, after about 20 minutes, and managed back over lol

lauren
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >