Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Shona, can you touch the top edge of the tooth with your finger (DO NOT do it if you THINK you will be in agony), if you can't without causing pain or if the thought of it is too much then I suspect H is right and its an abcess......

The good news hun is that is what I had and after the antibiotics and the sedative dressing the dentist cleared it all out and honestly it was SOOOOO nuch better than the pain. It does sound very like that, I couldn't put my bottom and top jaws together, so if you grind your teeth your F*cked - but then you already know that

Neurofen plus then paracetamol 2 hours after then 2 hours after neurofen plus and repeating that till max dose... and that 'orrible clove oil on the gum line. Warm chicken noodle soup through a mcdonalds or Burger King size straw aswell

Huge hugs

xxx
any pressure touch of the tooth is very painful...im cracking up...im living on chicken and leek cup a soups...the breads now a no no..

what do you mean the dentist cleared it all out?? how will that work with a filled tooth... where would an absess be in the tooth. sorry I have never had anything like this before... the last time I had all the pain she said it was just a bit of infection in the gum...round the tooth that had been filled...so I may be squealing about a gum infection... Im sure it feels worse this time... or is it just I have had a week of pain free.. so it feels worse...

when I think back I didnt cope to well last time....

ARRGHHHH CURSES
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 01:45 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Aaaw Shona poor you, I hope you can get it sorted soon.
Any pain pulls you down and there is nothing worse than tooth/mouth pain.
{{{{hugs}}}} to you.
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Hoping it gets better soon.
Originally Posted by honeysmummy View Post
God that must really hurt.

Poor you, hope its better soon xx
Originally Posted by rachelsetters View Post
Sending you some setter hugs Shona - nothing worse than tooth ache is there - one of the worst pains there can be.
Thanks everyone....im cracking up
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 01:54 PM
tenderness of your tooth and surrounding area, especially to the touch and to pressure from biting,
sensitivity to food and drink that is very hot or very cold,
an unpleasant taste in your mouth,
fever,
a general feeling of being unwell,
difficulty opening your mouth (known as trismus),
difficulty swallowing (known as dysphagia), and
disturbed sleep.
just looked it up on the net... the symptoms are spot on so think you guys are spot on...

dental procedures which create accidental periodontal pockets,
found a list of causes... so Im now wondering if when the tooth was filled.. some thing went wrong...
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 01:58 PM
omg ouch!!!!!

hope you get it sorted soon
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
any pressure touch of the tooth is very painful...im cracking up...im living on chicken and leek cup a soups...the breads now a no no..

what do you mean the dentist cleared it all out?? how will that work with a filled tooth... where would an absess be in the tooth. sorry I have never had anything like this before... the last time I had all the pain she said it was just a bit of infection in the gum...round the tooth that had been filled...so I may be squealing about a gum infection... Im sure it feels worse this time... or is it just I have had a week of pain free.. so it feels worse...

when I think back I didnt cope to well last time....

ARRGHHHH CURSES

Shona, honestly try not to worry, the relief is fantastic... I had to take antibiotics first before he could do much, to kill some of the abscess, the abscess usually is on or in the root of the tooth, so it can be inside the canal bit where the nerve runs or it can be between the outside of the tooth root and the gum...if it is the 2nd option you usually have a horrible;e taste in your mouth too as some of the yucky stuff escapes where the tooth joins the gum.

Once the infection started to die he drilled out the existing filling and put in a sedative filling to allow the inflamed bits to settle down, and I still took antibiotics, but HONESTLY there was NO pain in comparison to what I had been suffering. Then when I went back he took out all the dead and decayed stuff and filled the tooth Vwallah - no more pain

You not what a woose I was about the whole thing, and it was sooooo much better

xxx
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Shona, honestly try not to worry, the relief is fantastic... I had to take antibiotics first before he could do much, to kill some of the abscess, the abscess usually is on or in the root of the tooth, so it can be inside the canal bit where the nerve runs or it can be between the outside of the tooth root and the gum...if it is the 2nd option you usually have a horrible;e taste in your mouth too as some of the yucky stuff escapes where the tooth joins the gum.

Once the infection started to die he drilled out the existing filling and put in a sedative filling to allow the inflamed bits to settle down, and I still took antibiotics, but HONESTLY there was NO pain in comparison to what I had been suffering. Then when I went back he took out all the dead and decayed stuff and filled the tooth Vwallah - no more pain

You not what a woose I was about the whole thing, and it was sooooo much better

xxx
thanks hun....Im starting to wonder if I would be better off just having the damn thing out... its just a wisdom tooth...

roll on tomorow..

dougies just called.. hes feeling very sorry for me.. either that or hes just plain scared to come home.. hes going to pick up some more pain killers.. and mouth wash for me..
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 02:16 PM
So sorry to hear this Shona...as you know, I've been having problems with my teeth lately so I know exactly what you're going through...and I hope it settles down again very soon.

The others sound spot on with their diagnosis, at least you only have to wait until tomorrow. I always think there is nothing worse than toothache so if an injection or any treatment hurts a bit, its nothing like the pain you are experiencing right now.

As well as the painkillers and the oil of cloves I also found that Bonjella helped ease the pain too.

Big hugs xxxx
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
So sorry to hear this Shona...as you know, I've been having problems with my teeth lately so I know exactly what you're going through...and I hope it settles down again very soon.

The others sound spot on with their diagnosis, at least you only have to wait until tomorrow. I always think there is nothing worse than toothache so if an injection or any treatment hurts a bit, its nothing like the pain you are experiencing right now.

As well as the painkillers and the oil of cloves I also found that Bonjella helped ease the pain too.

Big hugs xxxx
thanks hun...

Im knackered... starving...in pain.. scared to go to sleep because I know I will grind my teeth.. then agony again...

I do feel really woosy... I just know the dentist is going to say.. oh you have a bit of gum infection.. so its prob no where near as bad as you or BM had..

I really need to kick something that squeals in pain.. and dougies not in yet...
dont worrie the dogs are safe....cant say the same for dougie..
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 02:28 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
thanks hun...

Im knackered... starving...in pain.. scared to go to sleep because I know I will grind my teeth.. then agony again...

I do feel really woosy... I just know the dentist is going to say.. oh you have a bit of gum infection.. so its prob no where near as bad as you or BM had..

I really need to kick something that squeals in pain.. and dougies not in yet...
dont worrie the dogs are safe....cant say the same for dougie..

Aww poor you, and poor Dougie if he forgets the painkillers

I know I was desperate to ease the pain and would have tried anything...do you have some brandy or similar that you could rub on your gums in the meantime? It may have a numbing effect until you can get the painkillers into you. I also cleaned my teeth with warm water rather than cold so that it didn't trigger the pain off again.

xxx
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Aww poor you, and poor Dougie if he forgets the painkillers

I know I was desperate to ease the pain and would have tried anything...do you have some brandy or similar that you could rub on your gums in the meantime? It may have a numbing effect until you can get the painkillers into you. I also cleaned my teeth with warm water rather than cold so that it didn't trigger the pain off again.

xxx
I have been using warm salt water on it.. I often use warm water when brushing my teeth.. duno why..

I have some southern comfort.. could try drinking that.. lol

I have a feeling dougie will open the door... throw the pain killers and stuff in and then do a runner.

I feel bad.. I havent had the dogs out or anything yet.. havent even filled the dishwasher...

the house is a mess... and it can stay like that...
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »