View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-01-2005, 09:58 PM
Thanks for the info Christine when I have the time I want to look a lot deeper into the whole subject of vaccinations.
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

28-01-2005, 09:59 PM
Carol why do you want a seperate parvo vax? What scares you?

I had a beautiful litter of 9 healthy pups nearly 4yrs ago. 8wks of age they had the first puppy vax, had to do the best for them & vet came to house to do them, no putting at risk by going to clinic!
Less than 24hrs later one is unwell, within 48hrs hes really ill. Took 10 dys, numerous tests & vets & 2 biopsys before a diagnosis was finally made with a disease a lot of vets have never even heard of let alone seen or treated!!
Second course of puppy vax should have been at 12wks, only they all had parvo then. It killed my little pup who was suffering from sterile Idiopathic Nodular Panniculitis.
2wks or so later, a little bitch puppy recovering from parvo had to have major surgery for torsion.
That same little bitch puppy has never had another vax since, she`s been to shows etc & she had a lovely healthy litter of 10 pups last spring. None had any vaccines what so ever, they are all living not far from me, going out & about & the one I kept goes to shows, all are healthy & well
I`m more afraid TO vaccinate than not.....
Christine.
Meg
Supervisor

28-01-2005, 10:04 PM
Christine the whole subject of vaccination is so complex with conflicting views on both sides , you feel damed if you don't and damed if you do vaccinate
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

28-01-2005, 10:06 PM
Thats ok Mini, just wish I`d looked into it a lot deeper before I vaccinated that litter
But you know what they say, no time like the present & theres an awful lot of info I put up on another thread a little while ago that makes for very interesting info

Christine.
Carole
Supervisor

28-01-2005, 10:06 PM
my friend had a puppy that died from parvo a while ago. He was only 9 weeks old. It was a horrible death This is why I would want to be 100% sure Star is covered by the vaccine.
Meg
Supervisor

28-01-2005, 10:09 PM
Carol was he in the process of vaccination ..half way or a late vaccination?
Carole
Supervisor

28-01-2005, 10:13 PM
I dont think he had been for his first one yet They had an older dog too which was ok.
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

28-01-2005, 10:15 PM
Oh its certainly is complex Mini!!!!! No doubt about that at all.
Maybe conflicting views.... but the scientific evidence isn`t conflicting at all, boosters are not needed anually & there is no scientific evidence anywhere to say they are.....

Christine.
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

28-01-2005, 10:17 PM
Carol how do they know it was parvo?
Carole
Supervisor

28-01-2005, 10:18 PM
just checked the policy it says dogs must be vaccinated/boosted against distempter, hepatitis, leptospirosis and parvo.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >