Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-07-2014, 09:54 AM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
I think you're confusing me with someone who knows RockAll
I thought Rockall was an uninhabited remote granite islet in the North Atlantic...
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-07-2014, 10:04 AM
Could well be Malka, I've never been there
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-07-2014, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Could well be Malka, I've never been there
Neither have many people June. It does not look very inviting, does it?

Incidentally, it gives its name to one of the sea areas named in the shipping forecast provided by the British Meteorological Office.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-07-2014, 10:16 AM
Yeah I remember the shipping forecast, Rockall, Finnistere......
I already have a rock to sit on though Malka, and its not in the middle of the cold cold sea, its by the waterfall so's I can watch the girls play and throw a ball when requested
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2014, 11:02 AM
Absolutely stunning pictures.
i have a half check on my pup, it doesn't get used it is just by law she has to wear id so she has it on during the day.
could i ask you and helena a question about the julius harness.... do you find it sits quite close behind the front legs? i am not sure if i have it set quite right
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-07-2014, 11:18 AM
I look on it like a girth on a horse and that sits in the natural position just after the back of the neck behind the withers, so it will sit behind the legs, but not so it impairs movement.
I did leave it on Mabs when I first got it and we went to the river, to see if it bothered her, and it very obviously didn't.
I took it off after observing her and she was no different either way. Mabs has a charming habit of being aboslutely perfectly well behaved during a walk, till we get to a point where I put the leads back on, then she moves herself just out of reach of me and plays dodge. During the walk she is running back to me every few minutes, getting praise for that, she has a good recall, no issues whatsoever till its time to go home. So that is the reason for the harness because on one of the occasions she comes back to me during the walk I clip a line on her, and when I want to put her lead on I just reel her in with the line and put her lead on, she is fine with that. Absolutely no idea why we have to play this game, but we do, so I had to find a way round it without making it confrontational, because I'm not going to win that one, i have to bring her onside, hoping that I can get to the stage where I can get hold of her handle on the harness in order to put the lead on, at the moment I'm giving it a go every few weeks, it works for a day or two, then we go back to playing our game.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2014, 11:45 AM
Lol, dakota is like that, she had lovely recall then just decided that nope she wouldn't come back, it got so bad that i just don't let her off lead now.... it is o.k for me as she is only 15 kilo, i will get round to getting her recall back. Thanks for the advice about the harness, i have got it set up right then, the vet commented yesterday on what a great harness it was and i guess the diva labels i bought for it fit her to a "t"
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2014, 12:18 PM
Glad to hear Dakota likes the harness. I know Zena does because if she didn't like it, she wouldn't come to me with her head raised for me to put it on each morning, she'd leg it

I played around quite a bit with the front breastplate too, so that it sat far enough behind her armpits not to bother her when running. I love the way it's all so simple, simple to clip up, no fiddly bits, and adjustments are simple too, no fiddly bits. That big handle for me is a real bonus to just grab her for a dog that appears out of nowhere. The only problem I'm hving is to get a new lead for it, because the new style clips in the P@H leads don't open wide enough to clip onto that large ring. They had a lovely soft suede one when I went in there yesterday, but with the awful narrow opening on the new style clip.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-07-2014, 01:16 PM
I put a lunge line or a double ended training lead on the one Mabs has.
She loves her harness as well, because she would do one and refuse to co-operate if she didn't, I say come and put your coat on and she comes right to me and stands whilst it goes over her head and then clip the girth strap. The feel really comfy and sturdy to me without feeling hard and unyielding
Try putting a lunge line on the harness ring Griff, then you can just pick up the end of the line before you get to where you want to put her lead on. Funny things is that twice Mabs has come up by the side of me about the place where I pick up the line in order to put her lead on when we come to the stile I pick up th eline and e walk on a bit, I call Keshi and put her lead on and then put Mabs lead on and we set off back through the village. So she does know what i am doing, but is going along with that one
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-07-2014, 01:17 PM
I put a lunge line or a double ended training lead on the one Mabs has.
She loves her harness as well, because she would do one and refuse to co-operate if she didn't, I say come and put your coat on and she comes right to me and stands whilst it goes over her head and then clip the girth strap. The feel really comfy and sturdy to me without feeling hard and unyielding
Try putting a lunge line on the harness ring Griff, then you can just pick up the end of the line before you get to where you want to put her lead on. Funny things is that twice Mabs has come up by the side of me about the place where I pick up the line in order to put her lead on when we come to the stile I pick up the line and we walk on a bit, I call Keshi and put her lead on and then put Mabs lead on and we set off back through the village. So she does know what i am doing, but is going along with that one
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >